- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 18, 1997
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Original 'Sewer Maze' Interactive Game
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- "The T. Files" and Turtle and Character Biographies
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Splinter, the rat ninja master is kidnapped by the evil Shredder and his gang of hoodlums. The green teens with the help of an ambitious reporter embark on a perilous journey through the city streets and sewers to save him.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie is the live-action, feature film adaptation of the cult comic book and the popular animated television show. After prolonged exposure to radiation, four teenage turtles--Michelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo, and Donatello--have mutated into ninjas and have begun living in the sewers of a large city. Under the guidance of a ninja master Splinter the Rat and television reporter April, the Turtles embark on a mission to run crime out of the city and battle the warlord Shredder.
A live-action version of the popular animated TV series for kids. Due to radiation exposure, the four turtles have mutated into teenagers; now, they live in the New York City sewers, where they eat pizza, talk jive, and learn the tricks of a ninja from their guru, Splinter the Rat.
When a group of juvenile delinquents called the Foot Gang start wreaking havoc in the city, our heroes on the half-shell join forces with an intrepid girl reporter to put an end to the gang's evil ways.
Comic Book |
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
- Estimated budget of $12.5 million to $15 million.
- Filmed at the DeLaurentiis Studio in North Carolina, shot in Technicolor; prints by DeLuxe.
- Began shooting July 10, 1989; completed shooting September 9, 1989. Released on video October 4, 1990.
- Additional credits: animatronic character creation, special effects and costumes by Jim Henson's Creature Shop.
- Based on the comic book characters created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird which spawned a hit TV cartoon series, as well as a video game, and numerous tie-ins ranging from books to stuffed toys. The appearance of "Mutant Turtle" breakfast cereal on American supermarket shelves coincided with the film's USA release.
- This was the highest-grossing independent film of all time, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" made over $133 million in domestic box office.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Censors.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 131 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 94,603
- UPC: 794043412127
- Shipping Weight: 0.15/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item