- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 04/01/1996
"...Endearing....It has a certain goofy charm....Kids will love every minute..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/23/1993
"...Nielsen hams it up for the best moments..."
Surf's up! And so is a tidal wave of head-spinning martial arts action when two surfer brothers discover their princely past and are magically transformed into awesome ninja super-dudes.
The adventure begins when a pair of young Nintendo-playing surfer dudes on the California beach discover they are the lost heirs of a remote island. Villains from their homeland invade Santa Monica and kidnap the boys' adoptive father. A spectacular ninja comes to protect the brothers, bring them back to their kingdom in Patu San and helps them fulfill their destinies.
Martial Arts |
- The actors playing "Zatch" and "Johnny" are father and son -- Ernest Reyes, Sr. and Ernest Reyes, Jr., respectively.
- Ernie Reyes, Jr. portrayed 'Keno' (the pizza-guy) in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze" (1991).
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.