- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 28, 2000
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Scenes: Deleted Scenes/Outtakes
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 11/29/1978
"...High adventure, suspense and a touch of humor....The moods of fear, brooding danger, soaring expectations, and also of sheer scenic beauty, are exquisitely portrayed by the camera work of Challis..."
The survivors of Navarone have been given a new, and even more difficult assignment--they must destroy a huge bridge located deep in the Balkans. However, in their midst is a traitor who betrays them to the enemy, and nearly succeeds in foiling their plans.
Although "Force 10 From Navarone" in not a sequel to 1961's "The Guns of Navarone", it features two characters from the earlier classic.
This time the action is set in the Balkans, where the British daredevils are sent to destroy a bridge important to the German offensive. They are led by a young American Colonel and joined by Tito's Yugoslav partisans.
Nazi Germany |
Theatrical Release |
World War II