Johnny Paycheck The Soul & The Edge: The Best of Johnny Paycheck
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.41 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.57 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 30, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Sony
- 1.Take This Job And Shove It
- 2.11 Months And 29 Days
- 3.I'm The Only Hell (Mama Ever Raised)
- 4.Slide Off Of Your Satin Sheets
- 5.She's All I Got
- 6.Ragged Old Truck
- 7.Colorado Cool Aid
- 8.Fifteen Beers
- 9.I've Seen Better Days
- 10.Someone To Give My Love To
- 11.My Part Of Forever
- 12.Yesterday's News Just Hit Home Today
- 13.(Stay Away From) The Cocaine Train (Live)
- 14.Me And The I.R.S. (Live)
- 15.The Feminine Touch
- 16.You Better Move On (Duet with George Jones)
- 17.I Did The Right Thing
- 18.When I Had A Home To Go Home To
- 19.Barstool Mountain
- 20.I Can See Me Lovin' You Again
- 21.Old Violin
- 22.All Night Lady
- 23.The Outlaw's Prayer
Producer: Billy Sherrill.
Compilation producer: Bruce Dickinson.
Recorded between 1971 & 1986. Includes liner notes by Johnny Whiteside.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Johnny Paycheck (vocals).
Liner Note Authors: Marty Martel; George Jones; Johnny Paycheck; Tim McGraw; Johnny Whiteside.
Photographers: Al Clayton; Sandy Speiser.
Those unacquainted with the world of country music, who think the Johnny Paycheck story begins and ends with the recession-era working-man's anthem "Take this Job and Shove It" are as misguided as the benighted soul who thinks Willie Nelson's career began with "On the Road Again." Though he seldom gets credit from the Wille/Waylon camp, Paycheck was indeed one of the original country outlaws. Sadly, the turn of the century found most of his extensive, gem-laden catalog out of print, but this definitive, 23-song collection goes a long way towards correcting that injustice.
Such tracks as "11 Months and 29 Days" show that Paycheck was just as comfortable in a blues format as he was with honky-tonk. Spiritual kin to Merle Haggard, perfectly mixing proletarian sentiments and hard-living tales of the wrong side of the law ("I'm the Only Hell [My Mama Ever Raised]" is as perfect a sequel to "Mama Tried" as one could want). "Colorado Cool-Aid" displays Paycheck's gift for light-hearted storytelling in a Tom T. Hall-like manner. Every track on THE SOUL & THE EDGE offers a glimpse at a different aspect of Paycheck's gifts, and for that we should all be grateful.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Jack Scott The Very Best of Jack Scott (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE