Blue Öyster Cult Blue Oyster Cult
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Blue Öyster Cult ~ Cultosaurus Erectus ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Blue Öyster Cult ~ Fire of Unknown Origin ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Blue Öyster Cult ~ Secret Treaties ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Blue Öyster Cult ~ Spectres (Expanded Edition) ~ $13.58
- by Blue Öyster Cult ~ Spectres [Expanded Edition] ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Rolling Stone - 3/30/72, pp.54-56"...with the Blue Oyster Cult, New York has produced its first authentic boogie beast...an almost too-perfect melange...great ideas and deft touches, it'll grab you..."
Q - 8/01, p.1463 stars out of 5 - "...chugging Steppenwolf-goes-to-college rock..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 9/01, p.122"...This record still sounds great....The bonus tracks are fascinating....you've got an evening's worth of air-guitar nostalgia. Special."
- 1.Transmaniacon MC
- 2.I'm On The Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep
- 3.Then Came The Last Days Of May
- 4.Stairway To The Stars
- 5.Before The Kiss, A Redcap
- 7.She's As Beautiful As A Foot
- 8.Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll
- 9.Workshop Of The Telescopes
- 11.Donovan's Monkey (Demo) (Previously Unreleased)
- 12.What Is Quicksand (Demo) (Previously Unreleased)
- 13.A Fact About Sneakers (Demo) (Previously Unreleased)
- 14.Betty Lou's Got A New Pair Of Shoes (Demo) (Previously Unreleased)
Also available in a 3-pack with TYRANNY & MUTATION and SECRET TREATIES.
Blue Oyster Cult: Eric Bloom (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser (vocals, guitar); Joe Bouchard (vocals, bass); Albert Bouchard (vocals, drums); Allan Lanier (guitar, keyboards).
Producers: Murray Krugman, Sandy Pearlman.
Reissue producer: Bruce Dickinson.
Recorded at The Warehouse, New York, New York in October 1971. Originally released on Columbia (31063). Includes liner notes by Lenny Kaye.
Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini (Sony Music, New York, New York).
Although Long Island, N.Y.'s Blue Oyster Cult would become one of the top rock bands of the '70s with such metallic radio hits as "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla," the band began as a spacey psychedelic band, as evidenced on the group's self-titled debut from 1972. While distorted guitar riffs hint at the band's future hard-rocking direction, the songs have a dreamy quality and sport such mysterious titles as "Before the Kiss, a Redcap" and "She's as Beautiful as a Foot." But Blue Oyster Cult's first three releases, (1973's TYRANNY AND MUTATION, 1974's SECRET TREATIES, and their self-titled debut), proved to be an important influence on a wide range of future bands, such as punkers the Minutemen and headbangers Metallica.
While several tracks are well known to most B.O.C. fans (such as the rockers "Transmaniacon MC" and "Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll"), the more obscure selections are just as exceptional. The aforementioned "She's as Beautiful as a Foot" is downright eerie, while "I'm on the Lamb, But I Ain't No Sheep" is an early version of the band's later standard "The Red and the Black." BLUE OYSTER CULT remains one of hard rock's finest debuts.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 8,746
- UPC: 886972388328
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE