- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 6, 2003
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Surround - English
- Mono - French
- Mono - Spanish
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
THE RARE BREED is that uncommon oater that emphasizes character over action. Martha Price, a headstrong widow, has taken her daughter, Hilary, and a valuable bull from England with plans to delivery the animal to Texas. A downtrodden drifter, Sam Burnett, helps Martha make her way -- but leads her afoul of some swindlers. Though initially tempted to scam the woman, Burnett eventually has his way with the rustlers and clears a safe passage for Martha, Hilary and the bull. When they arrive at their destination, they learn, distressingly, that Alexander Bowen, the grumpy Scot who owns the land, runs his ranch like a medieval manor. But an unexpected romance between Hilary and the Alexander's son manages to bring all these hard cases together...
- Additional cast: Larry Domasin (Alberto).
- Color by Technicolor. Shot in Panavision.
- Copyright 1966 Universal Pictures Company, Inc. Renewed 1993 by Universal City Studios, Inc.