Bob Dylan Blonde On Blonde
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.90Ranked #9 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...Dylan delivered some of his finest, clearest songs of comfort and desire..."
Q - 1/00, p.1365 stars out of 5 - "...easily Dylan's most melodically honed albums....an insane rush of ideas carried by what he'd later call 'that thin, wild mercury sound'....Tunes, tunes, tunes....Dylan the tunesmith never had better days than these."
Q (Magazine) - p.110"[BLONDE ON BLONDE] captured him at his most feverishly prolific....[With] an unstoppable flood of greet songs."
Mojo (Publisher) - 10/03, pp.124-65 stars out of 5 - "...The music takes on a genuine grandeur..."
NME (Magazine) - 10/2/93, p.29Ranked #17 in NME's list of the "Greatest Albums Of All Time."
- 1.Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- 2.Pledging My Time
- 3.Visions Of Johanna
- 4.One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later)
- 5.I Want You
- 6.Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
- 7.Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
- 8.Just Like A Woman
- 9.Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
- 10.Temporary Like Achilles
- 11.Absolutely Sweet Marie
- 12.4th Time Around
- 13.Obviously 5 Believers
- 14.Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano, keyboards); Bob Dylan; Rick Danko (vocals, violin); Richard Manuel (vocals, keyboards, drums); Garth Hudson (saxophone, keyboards); Wayne Butler (trombone); Paul Griffin (piano); Bill Atkins (keyboards); Sanford Konikoff (drums); Robbie Robertson, Wayne Moss (vocals, guitar); Charlie McCoy (guitar, harmonica, trumpet); Al Kooper (guitar, horns, organ, keyboards); Jerry Kennedy, Joe South (guitar); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano, keyboards); Kenny Buttrey (drums); Bill Aikins, Henry Strzelecki.
Audio Remasterer: Mark Wilder.
Audio Remixers: Mark Wilder; Vic Anesini.
Recording information: Columbia Recording Studios, Nashville, TN.
Author: Stephen Saper.
Unknown Contributor Role: Robbie Robertson.
Only a year after HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED, Dylan miraculously topped himself with further epigrams of surrealistic poetry and emotional intrigue. The pressure of a punishing touring schedule and high public profile helped drive him to an unbelievable fit of creativity as he spontaneously scribbled these gems in his hotel rooms. We were spoiled with a double album, more Dylan music than we had previously heard, yet still destined to endure. BLONDE ON BLONDE surrounds the folk-rock bard with the likes of Al Kooper, Robbie Robertson, Charlie McCoy and Kenny Buttrey, all seasoned musicians giving this album a relaxed confidence quite unlike the youthful energy of HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED. Decades later this album still rewards and surprises. A gigantic record in every sense.
Bob DylanThe Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (Original Mono Album Mix)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 313 ratings.
Based on 313 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- "The Sound Of..." Series Tropical Rainforest (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE