The Contours The Essential Selection
15 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.67 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.32 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Contours ~ Dance with the Contours (Featuring Unissued Motown Recordings, 1963-1964) ~ $26.38
- by Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers ~ The Motown Anthology (2-CD) ~ $9.90
- by The Strypes ~ Snapshot ~ $9.89
- Released: February 28, 2000
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Spectrum Audio Uk
- 1.Do You Love Me?
- 2.Shake Sherrie
- 3.You Get Ugly
- 4.Whole Lotta Woman
- 5.Don't Let Her Be Your Baby
- 6.Baby Hit and Run
- 7.It's So Hard Being a Loser
- 8.First I Look at the Purse
- 9.Just a Little Misunderstanding
- 11.Your Love Grows More Precious Everyday
- 12.Can You Do It?
- 13.Can You Jerk Like Me
- 14.Searching for a Girl
- 15.The Stretch
- 16.So Grateful
- 17.You Better Get in Line
- 18.Move Mr. Man
Liner Note Author: Jim Stewart .
A lot of Contours, including three tracks by Dennis Edwards: "Your Love Grows More Precious Everyday," "It's So Hard Being a Loser," and "Baby Hit and Run." Joe Stubbs explodes on "Just a Little Misunderstanding," and gravel-voiced Billy Gordon, the voice most associated with the Contours, handles the rest. Critics of Motown's homogenized sound forget about "Do You Love Me," "Shake Sherrie," "First I Look at the Purse," "Don't Let Her Be Your Baby," "Can You Do It," and "Can You Jerk Like Me." The instructional "You Better Get in Line" is a solid, but often omitted recording. Contours fans will relish three early tunes: "Whole Lotta Woman," "I'm Grateful," and "The Stretch." Two gripes: The inclusion of "You Get Ugly," a bad novelty song, and the omission of "That Day When She Needed Me." ~ Andrew Hamilton
Love Makes the World Go Round: The Motown Collection (CD)
$8.98 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE