- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 11, 2005
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Checkpoint
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Leonard Maltin - Film Cirtic, Frank Thompson - Western Historian, Lee Aaker
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Batjac Teaser
- Special Introduction by Leonard Maltin
- THE MAKING OF HONDO
- PROFILE: JAMES EDWARD GRANT
- THE JOHN WAYNE STOCK COMPANY: WARD BOND
- From The Batjac Vaults
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 09/16/1994
"...One of the Holy Grail video titles -- a box office hit that pops up on every consumer wish-list....[Page] got a supporting Oscar nomination in her screen debut here..."
Based on the Louis L'Amour story "The Gift of Cochise," this sparkling western has Wayne as a half-Indian Cavalry scout who, with his feral dog companion, finds a young woman and her son living on a isolated ranch in unfriendly Apache country. A poetic and exciting script, outstanding performances, and breathtaking scenery make this an indisputable classic.
- MPI Home Video's videocassette #7021 is from a restored print.
- Copyright 1953 Batjac Productions, Inc.
- Filmed in WarnerColor; in 3-D.
- Filmed on location in Carmargo, Mexico.