- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 12, 2004
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 11/01/1994
"...[They don't] make 'em like they used to..." - Recommended
New York Times - 05/06/1994
"...This is entertainment, all right....Cleverly focuses on outtakes, unfinshed numbers and behind-the-scenes glimpses of the old musicals..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/25/1994
"...Everything videotainment should be." -- Rating: A
USA Today - 05/06/1994
"...The movie year's most satisfying entertainment to date..." -- 3 1/2 out of 4 stars
Los Angeles Times - 05/06/1994
"...The sunniest of memento mori..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 07/22/1994
"...A genuinely fascinating film..."
Picture Judy Garland in "Annie Get Your Gun" or Lena Horne in "Showboat". This film distinguishes itself from the previous two installments by featuring rare outtakes of great musical productions. Song and dance sequences were often cut from finished films to lessen the running time or on a producer's whim. These newly discovered snippets include Horne's delicious rendition of "Ain't it the Truth," which was cut from "Cabin in the Sky," and Cyd Charisse belting "Two Faced Woman", which was bumped from "The Band Wagon" so that Joan Crawford could perform it in another film -- in blackface! These lost gems, alternate song versions, and deleted dance numbers show what a favorite film might have been like.
- This film marked Gene Kelly's final on-screen appearance. He died on February 2, 1996 in California, after suffering a series of strokes, at the age of 83. He was born, Eugene Curran Kelly, August 23, 1912 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- In DeLuxe color and b&w; Dolby sound.
- Film restoration by Cinetech.
- Dance segments include:
"Here's to the Girls" (Fred Astaire & Lucille Ball)
"Singin' in the Rain" (Joan Crawford, Jack Benny,
"Fascinating Rhythm" (Eleanor Powell)
"Good Morning" (Mickey Rooney & Douglas MacPhail)
"Good Morning" & "I'm an Indian, Too" (Judy Garland)
"Shaking the Blues Away" (Ann Miller)
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1994 MGM Inc. and Turner Entertainment Company.