- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 27, 1999
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Video: Jann Arden - INSENSITIVE
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Cast and Crew Filmographies and Biographies
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 01/29/1996
"...A genial, old-fashioned romance....Masterson is innately appealing..."
New York Times - 01/26/1996
"...[Masterson gives a] quietly affecting performance....[She] easily conveys both cool intelligence and desperate yearning..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/26/1996
"...Masterson is a versatile actress, and there is an engaging honesty about her performance....The entire movie is a veritable bouquet to New York..."
In this romantic drama, Lisa (Mary Stuart Masterson), an investment broker, is such a workaholic that she just can't find the time to stop and smell the roses. But that changes after a hopelessly romantic florist named Lewis (Christian Slater) spots Lisa crying by her apartment window. To make Lisa happy, Lewis delivers a bouquet of flowers to her, letting her believe that it's from a secret admirer. But when Lewis eventually admits that he was the sender, the two begin dating. However, Lisa is carrying around some serious emotional baggage from a traumatic childhood. Lisa now must find a way to resolve her problems--before she loses what could be her one true love. BED OF ROSES also stars Josh Brolin and Pamela Segall.
Love Story |
Romantic Comedy |
- Released in the USA on January 26, 1996. The film grossed $19 million domestically.
- A Mindle/Shaw production.
- Directorial debut of Michael Goldenberg.
- Color by Technicolor.
"The Right Place" by Mark Nevin, performed by Eddi Reader
"Independent Love Song" by Cheryl Parker, Joe Youle,
performed by Scarlet
"Nervous Heart" by Mark Addison, Josef Zimerman, performed
by The Borrowers
"Swan Song" by and performed by Matthew Sweet
"Silent Night"; "Ding, Ding, Merrily..."; "Insensitive" by
Anne Loree, performed by Jann Arden
"Killing Time" by Tina Harris, Daniel O'Brien, performed by
"Ice Cream" by and performed by Sarah McLachlan
Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.