Ella Fitzgerald Ella & Basie
|You Save:||$2.30 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Ella Fitzgerald / Oscar Peterson ~ Ella & Oscar (Remastered) ~ $10.56
- by Ella Fitzgerald ~ The Intimate Ella ~ $11.94
- by Ella Fitzgerald ~ Sings the Cole Porter Song Book [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD) ~ $30.58
- by Ella Fitzgerald ~ Sings the Duke Ellington Song Book (2-CD) ~ $16.04
- Released: October 1, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Polygram Records
CD Review Reader Consensus - Performance 9.6 / Sound 8.8
- 1.Honeysuckle Rose
- 2.'Deed I Do
- 3.Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall
- 4.Them There Eyes
- 5.Dream a Little Dream of Me
- 6.Tea for Two
- 7.Satin Doll
- 8.I'm Beginning to See the Light
- 9.Shiny Stockings
- 10.My Last Affair
- 11.Ain't Misbehavin'
- 12.On the Sunny Side of the Street
- 13.My Last Affair - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 14.My Last Affair - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 15.Robbins Nest (Breakdown) - (previously unreleased, breakdown take)
- 16.Robbins Nest - (previously unreleased, complete take)
- 17.Robbins Nest - (previously unreleased, complete take)
- 18.Robbins Nest - (previously unreleased, complete take)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Count Basie (piano); Frank Foster, Frank Wess (alto & tenor saxophones, flute); Joe Newman (trumpet); Benny Powell (trombone); Freddie Green (guitar); Sonny Payne (drums).
ELLA & BASIE contains 6 previously unreleased tracks.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of the Verve Master Editions series.
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Freddie Green (guitar); Frank Foster , Frank Wess (flute, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Eric Dixon (flute, tenor saxophone); Marshall Royal (clarinet, alto saxophone); Charlie Fowlkes (baritone saxophone); Flip Ricard (trumpet, trombone); Don Rader, Joe Newman , Al Aarons, Sonny Cohn (trumpet); Grover Mitchell , Henry Coker, Urbie Green, Benny Powell (trombone); Count Basie (piano); Sonny Payne (drums).
Liner Note Author: Norman Granz.
Recording information: New York, NY (07/16/1963/07/17/1963).
Unknown Contributor Role: Count Basie Orchestra.
Arranger: Quincy Jones.
Surprisingly enough this 1963 LP was the first time (other than a couple songs) that Ella Fitzgerald and Count Basie recorded together. (The match-up was so logical that it would be repeated many times over the next 20 years.) Fitzgerald sounds fine and, even if Quincy Jones' arrangements did not give the Basie musicians as much space for solos -- although two songs do feature a bit of trumpeter Joe Newman, trombonist Urbie Green and Frank Foster on tenor -- this is an enjoyable effort. High points include "Honeysuckle Rose," "Them There Eyes" and "Shiny Stockings." ~ Scott Yanow
Greatest Love Songs: 60 Ultimate Love Classics (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE