- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 19, 2000
- Originally Released: 1947
- Label: Warner Home Video
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Snap Case
Additional Release Material:
Deleted Song -
Two Excerpts from the 1930 Version of "Good News" -
- "Good News"
- "The Varsity Drag"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 10/19/1994
"...The ultimate college musical..."
Lawford tries on his dancing shoes in a Comden/Green refurbishing of a '20s-vintage musical. College football star Lawford recruits brainy Allyson to tutor him in French and finds unexpected romance, but a vampy coed is just itching to get in the way. Includes nostalgic numbers such as "The Best Things in Life Are Free," and "Varsity Drag." Academy Award Nominations: Best Song ("Pass That Peace Pipe".)
- This film is a re-working (by Comden and Green) of the 1930 movie musical of the same name.
- Shot in three-strip Technicolor.
- Songs include: "Lucky in Love," "The Best Things in Life Are Free," "Varsity Drag," "Just Imagine," "Ladies Man," "Pass the Peace Pipe," "The French Lesson," and "Good News."
"Pass the Peace Pipe" and "The French Lesson" were new songs, written especially for this version.