Stevie Wonder Greatest Hits, Volume 2
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
sku: GG 1151
- by Stevie Wonder ~ The Definitive Collection ~ $9.72
- by Stevie Wonder ~ Innervisions (Remastered) ~ $11.68
- by Stevie Wonder ~ Song Review: A Greatest Hits Collection (2-CD) ~ $26.96
- by Stevie Wonder ~ Song Review - A Greatest Hits Collection [Import] ~ $13.17
- by Stevie Wonder ~ Songs In The Key of Life (2-CD) ~ $17.98
- Released: August 18, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Polygram Uk
Rolling Stone - 1/6/72, p.70"...A lot of albums of this sort become dull because of repitition of certain hit formulas. But Stevie's versatility pulls him through. As a result, this GREATEST HITS album is one of the most relaxing, sophisticated--and euphoric--albums ever released..."
- 2.Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
- 3.If You Really Love Me
- 4.For Once in My Life
- 5.We Can Work It Out
- 6.You Met Your Match
- 7.Never Had a Dream Come True
- 8.Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- 9.My Cherie Amour
- 10.Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer
- 11.Travelin' Man
- 12.Heaven Help Us All
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Stevie Wonder.
Producers: Stevie Wonder, Henry Cosby, Don Hunter, Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol.
Digitally remastered by Kevin Reeves (PolyGram Studios).
Personnel: Stevie Wonder (vocals, harmonica, keyboards); Dionne Warwick, Antoinette Wood, Eugene VanBuren, Nathan Watts (vocals).
Arrangers: Henry Cosby; Paul Riser; Stevie Wonder; Tom Baird.
In 1961, discovered by Ronnie White of the Miracles, he was signed by Berry Gordy of Motown Records. His voice broke in 1964 but he re-emerged in 1965 with a worldwide hit, 'Uptight (Everything's Alright)'. His contract expired in 1971 and Wonder financed two experimental albums, playing almost all instruments. He pioneered the synthesizer's use in black music, and addressed racial and spiritual questions. Where I'm Coming From and Music Of My Mind put him at the forefront of black music. Talking Book (1972) provided hits with 'Superstition' and 'You Are The Sunshine Of My Life'. Innervisions (1973) consolidated his success while Talking Book gave the hits, 'Living For The City' and 'Higher Ground'. Songs In The Key Of Life (1976), perhaps his most ambitious album, displayed musical virtuosity. The highly successful Hotter Than July (1980) included a tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, 'Happy Birthday', and a study in reggae, 'Masterblaster (Jamming)'. After Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I (1982), Wonder composed The Woman In Red (1984). It included his biggest-selling single, 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'. In Square Circle (1985) and Characters (1987) returned to accessible melody. Wonder's image as a statesman of black music, and champion of black rights, was boosted by his successful campaign in the 80s to mark the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King with a national holiday.
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 1 (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Love Makes the World Go Round: The Motown Collection (CD)
$8.98 LABOR DAY
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- War Me And Baby Brother / Ballero (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 5 (2-CD) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- The Gap Band Early In The Morning / Open Your Mind (Wide) (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Various Artists Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Drifters There Goes My Baby: 10-Song Collection (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE