The O'Jays The Ultimate O'Jays
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 10, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sony
Living Blues - 5-6/01, p.101"...Magnificent..."
- 1.I Love Music
- 2.Back Stabbers
- 3.Love Train
- 4.Put Your Hands Together
- 5.992 Arguments
- 6.When The World's At Peace
- 7.For The Love Of Money
- 8.Give The People What They Want
- 10.Time To Get Down
- 12.You Got Your Hooks In Me
- 13.Let Me Make Love To You
- 14.Stairway To Heaven
- 15.Family Reunion
- 16.Livin' For The Weekend
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The O'Jays includes: Eddie Levert, Walter Williams.
Includes liner notes by Adam White and Eddie Levert.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Reggie Lucas, T.J. Tindall, Norman Harris, Roland Chambers, Bobby Eli (guitar); Don Renaldo (strings); Eddie Green , Harold Williams (piano); Leon Huff (electric piano); Lenny Pakula (organ); Vince Montana (vibraphone); Karl Chambers, Earl Young, Norman Farrington (drums); Larry Washington (bongos, percussion).
Recording information: Sigma Sound Studios, Philadelphia, PA.
Photographer: Don Hunstein.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Walter Williams ; William Powell; Walter Williams .
Arrangers: Bobby Martin ; Thom Bell.
With few viable alternatives, this can be considered the ultimate O'Jays collection only by default, as it focuses exclusively on recordings from the years 1972-1975, cutting off some reasonable and sometimes very well-known singles from before and after that time frame. Still, this was the period that saw the O'Jays at their commercial and artistic zenith, and these are the songs that most of the public thinks of when the O'Jays' name is mentioned. "Back Stabbers," "Love Train," "I Love Music," "Put Your Hands Together," "For the Love of Money," "Give the People What They Want," and "Livin' for the Weekend" are all on this 16-track compilation, as well as a number of smaller hits and LP-only cuts. It's a solid (and, with 75 minutes of music, good-value) collection documenting both the peak of the O'Jays and the peak of the Philly soul sound in general. ~ Richie Unterberger
Kool & The Gang20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best...
$4.48 LABOR DAY
Bobby WomackThe Best of Bobby Womack [EMI-Capitol Special Markets]
$5.02 LABOR DAY
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$5.93 LABOR DAY
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$21.21 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 27 ratings.
Based on 27 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE