- Audio Commentary by Director Herschell Gordon Lewis
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 2000
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Shorts: "Wigs-O-Rama"
- Audio Commentary: Herschell Gordon Lewis - Director
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Stills/Photos: Herschell Gordon Lewis Gallery of Exploitation Art
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
The most barbaric humor since the guillotine! Crazy old Mrs. Pringle runs "The Little Wig Shop," where she specializes in wigs made entirely of human hair. Offering to rent rooms to local college girls, Mrs. Pringle scurries the gals into a back room where her psycho son, Rodney, provides the "wigs" for his mama by gorily scalping the women. But when a co-ed friend of amateur sleuth Kathy disappears, Kathy investigates until she too comes face to face with Rodney and his new electric carving knife... A macabre blend of humor and horror, The Gruesome Twosome is another berserk epic from director Herschell Gordon Lewis (The Gore Gore Girls). It also has one of the strangest openings of any horror film: two Styrofoam wig heads with cartoon faces amiably chat about the upcoming plot until one of them abruptly gets stabbed. WOW!
In Herschell G. Lewis's THE GRUESOME TWOSOME, pretty girls scream as young, demented Rodney Pringle (Chris Martell) attempts to remove their scalps with an electric carving knife for use in the wig business operated by his mother (Elizabeth Davis).
Family Interaction |