- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 26, 2001
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Mpi Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This suspenseful drama explores one of the most frightening events of the 1960s -- the Cuban Missile crisis. The Cold War confrontation occurred in 1962, when the United States discovered that the USSR was secretly building missile-launching pads in Cuba. President John Fitzgerald ordered Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev to remove the weapons already in place. He then put into effect a naval blockade on the island to make sure that no more missiles arrived on its shores.
The film shows how the U.S. leader frantically worked with his brother Robert and their staff to put an end to the situation.
Nuclear Destruction |
True Story |
- Aired originally on the ABC Television Network December 18, 1974.