Sade The Best of Sade
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.58 (22% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 3, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sony
Entertainment Weekly - 11/18/94, p.108"...Among these soulful, moody treasures...from her four platinum discs, there is one particular jewel:...Percy Mayfield's "Please Send Me Someone To Love"....a grand reminder of why the silky-voiced chanteuse's love is king...." - Rating: A
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Your Love Is King
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Hang On To Your Love
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Smooth Operator
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Jezebel
- $1.29 on iTunes5.The Sweetest Taboo
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Is It A Crime
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Never As Good As The First Time
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Love Is Stronger Than Pride
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Paradise
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Nothing Can Come Between Us
- $1.29 on iTunes11.No Ordinary Love
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Like A Tattoo
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Kiss Of Life
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Please Send Me Someone To Love
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Cherish The Day
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Pearls
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Sade: Sade Adu (vocals); Stuart Matthewman (guitar, saxophone); Andrew Hale (keyboards); Paul S. Denman (bass).
Additional personnel includes: Leroy Osbourne, Jake Jacas (vocals); Gordon Hunte (guitar); Tony Pleeth (cello); Terry Bailey, Gordon Matthewman (trumpet); Pete Beachill (trombone); Dave Early, Martin Ditcham (drums, percussion); Paul Cooke, Trevor Murrell (drums); Karl Vanden Bossche (percussion).
Producers: Robin Millar, Ben Rogan, Mike Pela, Sade, Hein Hoven.
Engineers: Mike Pela, Ben Rogan.
Digitally remastered by Tom Coyne (Sterling Sound, New York, New York).
Nigerian vocalist Sade Adu has carved out a cosmopolitan niche for herself over the past decade, gathering together elements of cool jazz, samba, reggae, funk, and pop all under the pastoral umbrella of her suede-and-velvet voice. A pop stylist with a musical universe all her own, Sade has endured and matured over the past decade, seemingly unaffected by changes in taste and fashion; a movement unto herself. As her most recent single (Percy Mayfield's "Please Send Me Someone to Love" from the Philadelphia soundtrack) illustrates, Sade's coy, caressing voice speaks more of commitment and trust, of relationships in flux ("Nothing Can Come Between Us") than of the heat of the moment: from the the coy duplicity of "Smooth Operator" to the positive reinforcement of "The Sweetest Taboo" and the sweet ambiguities of "Love Is Stronger Than Pride." Outside of Sade's mentholated vocals, it is the serene, understated quality of her arrangements that lend The Best of Sade its classic touch of elegance. Delicate washes of percussion and acoustic guitar, the coiled intensity of Stuart Matthewman's tenor saxophone counterpoint, Andrew Hale's suave, elusive keyboard colorations, and Paul S. Denman's discretely dancing bass provide a maximum of smoke, but precious little fire. The simmering aftermath of Sade's music is as deceptively powerful as a mixed drink: smooth and sweet going down, but with a surprisingly potent kick.
Natalie ColeThe Best of Natalie Cole [EMI-Capitol Special Markets]
$8.84 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 150 ratings.
Based on 150 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
Let The Little Girl Dance - Old Town Originals (CD)(5)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE