|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.99 (31% Off)|
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 23, 2003
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - English
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Alec Guinness, Kenneth More, Edith Evans & Albert Finney|
|Performer:||Laurence Naismith, Michael Medwin, David Collings, Anton Rodgers, Suzanne Neve & Richard Beaumont|
|Directed by||Ronald Neame|
|Edited by||Peter Weatherly|
|Music by||Leslie Bricusse|
|Screenwriting by||Leslie Bricusse|
|Story by||Charles Dickens|
|Produced by||Robert H. Solo|
|Director of Photography:||Oswald Morris|
|Executive Production by||Leslie Bricusse|
- Filmed in Panavision and Technicolor.
- Copyright 1970 Cinema Center Films, Inc.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 589 ratings.
I agree with others who have stated this is one of the best, except that I think it is THE best Christmas Carol/Scrooge movie. I remember seeing this movie in the theater when I was younger and we had the "LP record." We would play it at Christmas and a lot of the songs became standards for our family. When the movie came out on VHS, I showed it to my kids who love it and it continues to be a traditional watch for the holidays for the next generation of my family. Albert Finney is the best of all Scrooges and does a wonderful job as both a young man and an old Scrooge with the makeup being so extraordinary. The songs are just great and the acting superb. You can not help but cry at the end when he "talks" to Marley at his door saying that he is going to have dinner "with his family." A must for every household!
This is perhaps the best film version of the Dickens classic. The movie takes a few minor liberties with the story, but they do not hinder the film in the slightest.
The songs are moving and memorable, both as musicals go and as holiday music. The special effects are outstanding also making this one of the best Gothic ghost stories ever filmed.
The film succeeds the most though as Albert Finney (in his finest role) and company bring forth the true spirit of the Dickens story and the Christmas Season. Not to be missed!
- Sales Rank: 27,035
- UPC: 097363806349
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Holiday & Seasonal genre:
- Golden Winter (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- TV's Lost Christmas Shows - Volume 1 (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- March of the Wooden Soldiers (Includes Colorized and B&W Versions) (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Christmas Yule Log [Paper Sleeve] (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Littlest Angel (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Easy Money (DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE