- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 23, 2003
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - English
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Albert Finney shines as the title character in this musical version of Charles Dickens' timeless tale of Ebenezer Scrooge, a lonely miser who is visited on Christmas Eve by three spirits who teach him lessons of love and giving. Fun choreography, rich set design, memorable songs, and a distinguished supporting cast (led by Sir Alec Guinness as Jacob Marley's ghost) lend considerable clout to this perennial favorite.
A musical re-telling of Charles Dickens' Christmas classic about the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge, who's forced to face his unpleasant past, present and future via three ghosts. As a result, Scrooge undergoes a major transformation, and his Christmas spirit is restored. Songs include "The Beautiful Day," "Thank You Very Much," and "A Christmas Carol."
- Filmed in Panavision and Technicolor.
- Copyright 1970 Cinema Center Films, Inc.