- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 13, 2004
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- DTS - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: AILEEN QUINN'S 'MY HOLLYWOOD ADVENTURE'
- Music Video: Play - "It's A Hard Knock Life"
- Interactive Features:
- Act Along With Annie
- Sing Along with Annie
- 'The Age Of Annie' Trivia Game
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/21/1982
"...A no-expense-spared tribute to the Music Hall and the kind of show business it represents....They don't build movies like this anymore."
Premiere - 03/01/2004
Total Film - 01/31/2013
4 stars out of 5 -- "Huston's film is as much an ode to musicals as it is to movies..."
A red-haired mop-top orphan (Aileen Quinn), yearning to break out of her dreary life in an orphanage run by an iron-fisted, boozy matron (Carol Burnett), charms billionaire Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks (Albert Finney) into adopting her--but what she really wants is to find her real parents. Academy Award Nominations: 2, including Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Best Original Score.
A little girl, stuck in an orphanage run by a bitter, hard-drinking spinster, is saved by a wealthy man through a "Rent-An-Orphan for Christmas" program. The billionaire, won over by Annie's spunk and "joie de vivre," adopts her, and they live happily ever after in his mansion.
Comic Book |
Family Interaction |
Rags To Riches |
- Based on the hugely successful Broadway musical, the film cost an estimated $52 million to make.
- Shot in Metrocolor and Panavision.
- Harold Gray is the creator of the comic strip "Little Orphan Annie."