Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: EMI Import
- 1.Poseidon's Creation
- 2.Incarnation of Logos
- 3.Decay of Logos
- 4.Atlantis' Agony at June 5th-8498, 13 P.M.
OCEAN is a 1977 set by progressive rockers Eloy.
As good as Dawn was, the weight of the orchestra prevented it from being truly compelling, while its story seemed a bit thin. Eloy fixed both flaws for Ocean, creating their most striking album, a true classic of progressive rock history in Germany and abroad. Written by drummer Jurgen Rosenthal, the lyrics relate to Greek mythology, combining the tale of Poseidon and the myth of Atlantis. Man lost the paradise on Earth that was Atlantis because of his violent nature -- an obvious metaphor of the nuclear menace that was still very much alive in 1977. The album consists of four extended pieces that combine atmospheric keyboards (think early Vangelis), progressive rock developments … la Pink Floyd-meets-Yes, and occasional recitatives inspired by the Moody Blues' storytelling form (In Search of the Lost Chord, On the Threshold of a Dream). Frank Bornemann sings slightly better than usual, his voice carrying more emotion. The band hits the perfect balance between heaviness and lightness: the riffs are solidly anchored, yet the music really floats, especially in "Atlantis' Agony at June 5th -- 8498, 13 P.M. Gregorian Earthtime." "Incarnation of Logos" provides the best moments. Three of the four songs are also featured on the Live album, released a year later, which revealed how little musical material they actually had. Their strength resides in the rich studio arrangements. ~ Fran‡ois Couture
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Terry Stafford Suspicion! - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE