- Widescreen Presentation
- Interview with Leonard Kastle
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 22, 2003
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Leonard Kastle - Director
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Ray Fernandez and Martha Beck: The True Crime Story by Scott Christianson (Illustrated)
- Critical Essay by Gary Giddins
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 06/26/1992
"...Pleasantly twisted....The quality of being true to itself is THE HONEYMOON KILLER'S greatest strength....[Kastle] is in perfect control of his material here..."
Rolling Stone - 08/07/2003
"...Potently acted by Shirley Stoler and Tony Lo Bianco..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Leonard Kastle's cult thriller about a pair of murderers known as "the Lonely Hearts Killers". Based on a true story, the tale of duplicity, jealousy and twisted love stars Tony Lo Bianco and Shirley Stoler in iconic performances. Includes a new interview with the director and an illustrated essay on the true crime story.
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Original theatrical release: Feb. 4, 1970 (New York).
- The original director slated for this film was Martin Scorese, he was replaced by Donald Volkman who was eventually replaced by screenwriter Leonard Kastle.