Bix Beiderbecke Volume 2: At The Jazz Band Ball
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Bix Beiderbecke ~ The Art of Bix Beiderbecke (2-CD) ~ $8.98
- by Bix Beiderbecke ~ Bix Beiderbecke & The Chicago Cornets ~ $10.56
- by Louis Armstrong ~ The Complete Hot Five and Hot Seven Recordings [Columbia / Legacy] (4-CD Box Set) ~ $26.08
- by Jelly Roll Morton ~ Jelly Roll Morton [JSP] (5-CD Box Set) ~ $26.08
- by Jelly Roll Morton ~ Red Hot Peppers Session ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Three Blind Mice #1
- 2.Three Blind Mice #2
- 3.Clorinda #1
- 4.Clorinda #2
- 5.I'm More Than Satisfied #1
- 6.I'm More Than Satisfied #2
- 7.Bix Beiderbecke & His GangAt The Jazz Band Ball
- 8.Royal Garden Blues
- 9.Bix Beiderbecke & His GangJazz Me Blues
- 10.Goose Pimples
- 11.Bix Beiderbecke & His GangSorry
- 12.Cryin' All Day
- 13.A Good Man Is Hard To Find
- 14.Bix Beiderbecke & His GangSince My Best Gal Turned Me Down
- 16.There'll Come A Time (Wait And See)
- 18.Mississippi Mud
- 19.Oh Gee! Oh Joy!
- 20.Why Do I Love You?
- 21.Ol' Man River
- 22.Our Bungalow Of Dreams
Includes all the known takes from the Chicago Looper's session, originally released on the Pathe label. Also featured are the first sides Beiderbecke recorded with musicians from Paul Whiteman's Orchestra, plus a previously unknown session lead by Lou Raderman.
Whitney Balliet, one of jazz's most poetic and respected writers, has notably remarked on trumpeter Bix Beiderbecke's distinctive three-dimensional sound, achieved despite the limitations of recordings from the 1920s. Indeed, a certain amount of dedication on behalf of a 21st-century listener is handy when dealing with the sound quality of transferred 78s. But, in the case of Beiderbecke, the payoff from close listening is well rewarded. He was a legend in his own time, and, by the end of his short career, Beiderbecke had worked his way up to the highest-paying band in the land--Paul Whiteman's Orchestra. Flashes of Beiderbecke's melodic brilliance and inventiveness abound on AT THE JAZZ BAND BALL, both on dates led by himself and others.
On "Jazz Me Blues," one can hear a solo that, for a long time, was considered the only way to play the tune. "Cryin' All Day" features Bix matched with his saxophone-pioneer partner Frank Trumbauer. Willard Robinson's charming, Gershwin-esque "Jubilee," while not offering any Bix soloing, is a wonderfully succinct, early-jazz tone poem. And though the hijinks on "Mississippi Mud" are not politically correct by later standards, the song does present a very young Bing Crosby in a cameo appearance.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 50,044
- UPC: 886972471723
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
Jazz Instrument: Classic Music Categories:
Mildred Bailey Squeeze Me: Big Hits from a Great Lady (CD) ~
$12.97 Super Savings
- Bix Beiderbecke 1924 (CD) ~ $3.24 on SALE
Bix Beiderbecke 1927-1930 (CD) ~
$3.87 Super Savings
Bix Beiderbecke Bix Beiderbecke & The Chicago Cornets (CD) ~
$10.56 Super Savings
Bix Beiderbecke Bix Restored, Volume 1 (3-CD Box Set) ~
$42.04 Super Savings