Young Winston (Widescreen)
Sony Screen Classics by Request (series)
|You Save:||$9.01 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 2, 2011
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Simon Ward, Anne Bancroft & Robert Shaw|
|Performer:||Anthony Hopkins, John Mills, Jack Hawkins, Patrick Magee, Edward Woodward, Jane Seymour, Ian Holm, Robert Shaw & Anne Bancroft|
|Directed by||Richard Attenborough|
|Screenplay by||Carl Foreman|
|Produced by||Carl Foreman|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Richard Attenborough's examination of the early life of Winston Churchill -- up until his early days at Parliament, before his marriage - is a fascinating look at the formative years of one of the greatest politicians and most influential world leaders in recent history. Played by Simon Ward, young Churchill is ambitious and over-eager, with a tendency toward boastful over-exaggeration and opportunism, all of which served him well in overturning the low expectations of his father. The film flashes back through three main periods of Churchill's life narrated by the older, knowing Churchill. In boyhood and adolescence, Churchill's self-consumed parents, Lord Randolph (Robert Shaw) and American-born Lady Jennie (Anne Bancroft), are too busy with their own lives in Parliament and social engagements to see him off to boarding school, a task fulfilled by a beloved nanny. The adventure of Churchill's years as a war correspondent and soldier is enthusiastically depicted. Newly remastered.
This stunning film production outlines the early life and career of one of recent history's most famous personages, Sir Winston Churchill. Based on Churchill's own biography, "My Early Life; A Roving Commission." Academy Award Nominations: 3, including Best (Original) Story and Screenplay.
Richard Attenborough's biographical portrait about the early years of Winston Churchill, his parents, lonely childhood, unhappy school life, early experiences in Africa as a war correspondent, and brilliant career as Britain's Prime Minister during World War II.
- Theatrical running time was 157 minutes.
- Additional cast: Dino Shafeek (Sikh Soldier); Russell Lewis (Winston Aged 7); William Dexter (Arthur Balfour); Edward Burnham (Labouchere); Michael Audreson (Winston Aged 13); Reginald Marsh (Prince of Wales); Robert Lankesheer (Sympathetic MP); Ron Pember (Fireman); Richard Beal (Boer Sentry); Raymond Mason (Man in Theatre Gallery); Brenda Cowling (Ms. Dewsnap); Pippa Steel (Clementine Hozier); Norman Harris (Sir Charles Dilke); and Sanders Watney (Sir Winston Churchill).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 58,458
- UPC: 043396386006
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item