Jan Hammer The First Seven Days
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
JazzTimes - 10/03, p.103"...THE FIRST SEVEN DAYS is essential stuff..."
- 1.Darkness / Earth In Search Of A Sun
- 2.Light / Sun
- 3.Oceans And Continents
- 4.Fourth Day - Plants And Trees
- 5.The Animals
- 6.Sixth Day - The People
- 7.The Seventh Day
Personnel: Jan Hammer (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Mellotron, Moog synthesizer, Oberheim synthesizer, string synthesizer, drums, percussion, sequencing); Steve Kindler (violin); David Earle Johnson (congas, percussion).
Recorded at Red Gate Studio, Kent, New York in 1975. Originally released on Nemperor Records. Includes liner notes by Arthur Levy.
Mahavishnu Orchestra keyboard ace Jan Hammer offers up quite a thorough study in synthesizer technology with his second solo release, titled The First Seven Days. With the liner notes declaring "for those concerned, that there is no guitar on this album," Hammer makes it a point to further blur the distinction between the genres of jazz, rock, and classical music. Wishing to portray the first seven "days" of earth's creation, Hammer states that "assuming that each of these days lasted anywhere from one day to 100 million years, the scientific and biblical views do meet in certain points. These points were the inspiration for this album." His incorporation of the piano, electric piano, Moog synthesizer, Oberheim synthesizer, Freeman string synthesizer, and Mellotron vividly evokes images of bubbling cesspools and budding birthrights as his inspired version of the physical world sonically takes shape. While The First Seven Days is atmospheric in nature, with no proper pop sensibilities, its thematic construction yields nothing short of a classic narrative. ~ Robert Gabriel
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,359
- UPC: 886972478227
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Jazz Instrument: Avant-Garde / Downtown Music Categories:
- Aardvark Jazz Orchestra Passages (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Muhal Richard Abrams Levels and Degrees of Light (CD) ~ $13.19
- Muhal Richard Abrams Things to Come From Those Now Gone (CD) ~ $10.77 LABOR DAY
- Muhal Richard Abrams Young at Heart / Wise in Time (CD) ~ $14.26 LABOR DAY
- Accordion Tribe Lunghorn Twist (CD) ~ $15.16 LABOR DAY