Dave Brubeck Love Songs
|CYBER SALE:||$14.38 Limited Time Only|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 4, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sony
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Bill Smith (clarinet); Bob Bates, Eugene Wright (bass); Joe Dodge, Joe Morello (drums).
Compilation producers: Russell Gloyd, Didier C. Deutsch, Seth Rothstein.
Recorded between 1956 & 1967.
Digitally remastered by Darcy M. Proper (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); Bill Smith (clarinet); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Joe Dodge , Joe Morello (drums).
Photographer: Bob Willoughby.
Arranger: Dave Brubeck.
Between 1958 and 1967 the original Dave Brubeck Quartet brought the cool sound of West Coast jazz to mass audiences. Brubeck's ability as a composer and pianist was complemented by Paul Desmond's lyrical alto playing. Desmond's unique sound was no less influential than his flair for composition. With "Take Five," his 5/4 masterpiece, the group earned international recognition. The quartet's repertoire was varied, covering both jazz standards and more original material. LOVE SONGS gives a taste of both.
The band breathes new life into "My Romance," where sprightly solos are supported by a laid-back rhythm section. The Cole Porter ballad "What Is This Thing Called Love" has a haunting sound, as Brubeck's tiptoeing piano line answers Desmond's lilting alto. While the timing of "Somewhere" demonstrates the Brubeck-Desmond partnership to the full, renditions of "La Paloma Azul" and "Besame Mucho" are also notable for their originality, and shine with brilliance. Kick back, and enjoy the sound of cool.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Eddie Harris Versatile Eddie Harris / Sings The Blues (2-CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Herbie Mann Roar of The Greasepaint / Today (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~
99¢ Super Savings
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~
01¢ Super Savings
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK