Herbie Hancock Jazz Moods: 'Round Midnight
- Released: June 15, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony Mod - Afw Line
- $0.99 on iTunes1.On Green Dolphin Street
- $0.99 on iTunes2.'Round Midnight
- $0.69 on iTunes3.Minuit Aux Champs Elysees
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Look
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Circle
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Harvest Time
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Pee Wee
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Someday My Prince Will Come
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Little One
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Chan's Song (Never Said)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.My Funny Valentine
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Herbie Hancock is one of the most influential pianists to emerge in the latter half of the 20th century. Since he appeared on the scene in 1960, Hancock has been praised for his skill as both a performer and a composer. His ability to construct knotty solos that seem to float effortlessly over the bar line is but one of his talents. In general, Hancock possesses a unique ability to take complex music and make it resonate with soul.
On JAZZ MOODS: 'ROUND MIDNIGHT, compilation producer Richard Seidel put together a sampling of some of the pianist's finest recorded moments, though this disc only concentrates on Hancock's acoustic side (he also made considerable forays into electric funk and hip-hop). Highlights on this JAZZ MOODS installment include "Circle," a steamy ballad performed by Miles Davis's second great quintet, and a wonderfully creative solo-piano rendition of "Someday My Prince Will Come." However, the most beautiful moment on this compilation is, appropriately enough, Hancock's gorgeous version of "'Round Midnight," which features the muted trumpet-like scatting of Bobby McFerrin.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!