Jaco Pastorius Jaco Pastorius
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.16 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.82 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 1, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sony
Q - 10/00, p.1464 stars out of 5 - "...An exciting, crisp and amazingly contemporary-sounding CD..."
Alternative Press - 11/00, p.118"...Genre-spanning and challenging..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Donna Lee
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Come On, Come Over
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Continuum
- 4.Kuru / Speak Like A Child
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Portrait Of Tracy
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Opus Pocus
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Okonkole Y Trompa
- $0.99 on iTunes8.(Used To Be A) Cha-Cha
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Forgotten Love
- $0.99 on iTunes10.(Used To Be A) Cha-Cha (Previously Unreleased Version)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.6/4 Jam (Previously Unreleased Version)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Jaco Pastorius (bass); Sam Moore, Dave Prater (vocals); Wayne Shorter (soprano saxophone); David Sanborn (alto saxophone); Michael Brecker (tenor saxophone); Howard Johnson (baritone saxophone); Randy Brecker (trumpet); Peter Graves (bass trombone); Peter Gordon (French horn); Hubert Laws (piccolo); Max Pollikoff, Arnold Black (violin); Julian Barber, Al Brown (viola); Kermit Moore, Beverly Lauridsen (cello); Herbie Hancock (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards); Alex Darqui (Fender Rhodes piano); Homer Mensch (acoustic bass); Narada Michael Walden, Lenny White, Bobby Economou (drums); Othello Molineaux, Leroy Williams (steel drums); Don Alias (bongos, congas, bells, okonko y iya, afuche, percussion).
Recorded at Camp Colomby Studios, New City, New York and Columbia Recording Studios C&B, New York, New York. Includes liner notes by Herbie Hancock and Pat Metheny.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
With one album, this self-titled first release, bass phenomenon Jaco Pastorius was catapulted into the position of the greatest electric bass player that ever lived. Officially discovered by Blood, Sweat & Tears drummer Bobby Colomby, Jaco's revolutionary use of the bass as a solo instrument made him one of the most compelling instrumentalists of the electric era. Indeed, this record marked a turning point in the history of music--from the period before Jaco Pastorius and the period since.
It is the first track, Charlie Parker's "Donna Lee," that did it all. Accompanied only by conga drums, Jaco proceeds to ferociously tear through the intricate melody and then produce several choruses of stunning solos like no one had ever heard. From machine gun-like staccato lines to deep space harmonics, his command of the instrument is frightening. Pastorius is joined by R&B heroes Sam & Dave for a rousing reading of the funky "Come On, Come Over." Also included on this treasure are cherished works like the expressive "Continuum," the poetic solo "Portrait of Tracy," and the fiery "(Used to be a) Cha-Cha." In all, more than a stunning debut, this is a testament to Pastorius' legendary greatness.
Truth, Liberty & Soul: Live in NYC - The Complete 1982 NPR... (CD)
$22.15 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 67 ratings.
Based on 67 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(5)
$8.84 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE