Dave Brubeck Greatest Hits
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 9, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Sony
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Also available in a 3-pack with MILES DAVIS' GREATEST HITS and THELONIOUS MONK'S GREATEST HITS.
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Eugene Wright (bass); Joe Morello (drums).
Producer: Teo Macero.
Compilation producer: Nedra Olds-Neal.
Recorded between April 18, 1956 and July 15, 1964. Includes liner notes by George T. Simon.
Digitally remastered by Mark Wilder and Rob Schwarz (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Joe Morello (drums).
Liner Note Author: George T. Simon.
Recording information: Hollywood, CA (07/01/1959-07/15/1964); New York, NY (07/01/1959-07/15/1964); Newport, R.I (07/01/1959-07/15/1964); San Francisco, CA (07/01/1959-07/15/1964).
Director: Seth Rothstein.
While greatest-hits albums from jazz artists are sometimes dubious propositions, Dave Brubeck is the rare exception to the rule. Brubeck concentrated on the song as much as the performance, which is one of the reasons why he appealed to such a wide audience and it's also the reason why Greatest Hits is such an entertaining and effective sampler. Featuring such familiar items as "Take Five," "In Your Own Sweet Way," "The Duke," "Trolley Song," "Unsquare Dance," and "Blue Rondo … la Turk," the collection provides a fine introduction to Brubeck's collegiate jazz for the uninitiated. Time Out remains the best place to start a Brubeck appreciation, but this is an excellent single-disc sampler. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Miles Davis / John ColtraneThe Best of Miles Davis & John Coltrane: 1955-1961
Charlie ParkerThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.34 Super Savings
Stan Getz / Oscar PetersonStan Getz And The Oscar Peterson Trio: Silver Collection
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Aerosmith Devil's Got a New Disguise: The Very Best of Aerosmith (CD) ~ $7.18
- Arthur Alexander The Greatest (CD) ~ $17.09
William Bell Greatest Hits: Collectors Edition (CD) ~
$15.40 Super Savings
- Blue Collar Comedy Tour The Best Of Blue Collar Comedy (2-CD) ~ $12.58
Brooks & Dunn Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD) ~
$12.50 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Joe Williams Me And The Blues / The Song Is You (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE