Scott Joplin The Entertainer
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.65 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by James Scott ~ Classic Ragtime From Rare Piano Rolls ~ $6.49 (Save 50%)
- by Various Artists ~ The Greatest Ragtime of the Century ~ $8.34
- by Various Artists ~ Rag Pickings: Hot Ragtime Banjo Solos from the Original Recordings C. 1900-1930 ~ $17.09
- by Robert Stickland ~ Rags to Riches: The Essential Hits of Scott Joplin ~ $7.18
- by Burt Bacharach ~ The Very Best of Burt Bacharach [Rhino] ~ $11.67
- Released: June 10, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Shout Factory
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This disc features rolls digitally recorded from a 1910 Steinway 65/88 note player. The first 3 tracks were recorded by Scott Joplin himself.
Personnel: Scott Joplin (piano).
Liner Note Authors: Mike Montgomery; Trebor Tichenor.
Recording information: 10/15/1896/05/??/1916.
Editor: Toby Mountain.
Photographer: Walter Lubzik.
The piano compositions of ragtime pioneer Scott Joplin are wonderfully showcased on this 14-track compilation, which includes many of the Texan musician's most influential and best-known tunes. The crown jewel of the regal ENTERTAINER anthology, is, of course, its lively title track. Penned by Joplin in 1902, the jaunty and highly melodic song is immediately identifiable as a turn-of-the-century classic, and one of the more well-known pop melodies in American history. Additional standouts include "Maple Leaf Rag," another one of Joplin's undisputed masterpieces, along with "Sugar Cane," "A Breeze from Alabama," and other vintage two-step numbers. Both nodding to classical music and paving the way for jazz, these pieces are truly timeless, and essential to any ragtime collection.
Grand River Crossings: Motown & Motor City Inspirations (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!