John McLaughlin Electric Guitar
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 5/92, p.972 Stars - Average - "..a genteel and considered affair that doesn't entirely conceal McLaughlin's mounting sense of ennui.."
- 1.New York On My Mind
- 3.Every Tear From Every Eye
- 4.Do You Hear The Voices You Left Behind?
- 5.Are You The One? Are You The One?
- 6.Phenomenon: Compulsion
- 7.My Foolish Heart
Personnel: John McLaughlin (guitar); David Sanborn (alto saxophone); Jerry Goodman (violin); Stu Goldberd (electric piano, organ; Mini-Moog Synthesizer); Chick Corea (piano, Mini-Moog synthesizer); Patrice Rushen (piano);Tom Coster (organ); Stanley Clarke (acoustic bass); Alphonso Johnson (Taurus bass pedals, bass); Fernando Saunders, Neil Jason, Jack Bruce (bass); Carlos Santana (guitar); Narada Michael Walden Jack DeJohnette, Tony Williams, Billy Cobham (drums); Armando Peraza (congas); Alyrio Lima (percussion).
Recorded at Sound Mixer Studios, New York, New York and at Devonshire Studios, North Hollywood, California.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Electric Guitarist is an album of reconciliation and penance, a series of reunions with several former colleagues from the early jazz-rock days, some of whom had parted on bitter terms with John McLaughlin. But there are no egos out of control here; everyone has grown up, and partly as a result, there is a high level of musical inspiration devoid of pointless decibel wars. Jerry Goodman and Billy Cobham of the first Mahavishnu Orchestra show up first, then a genial reunion with Carlos Santana, which has some of the old fire. From this point on, the CD undergoes a clever systematic reduction in numbers -- first to five players, then four (the great combination of Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke and Jack DeJohnette), then three (a delightfully loose reunion of Lifetimers Tony Williams and Jack Bruce), then two (a fierce duel with Cobham), and finally just McLaughlin himself delivering the benediction on, of all things, "My Foolish Heart." Jazz is the dominant flavor in these fusions, often in a more restrained manner than the early-'70s sessions, and it pointed the way toward a new musical maturity for McLaughlin the electric guitarist. ~ Richard S. Ginell
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,175
- UPC: 886972468624
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 38 Special Rockin' Into The Night (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Jazz Instrument: Guitar Music Categories:
- John Abercrombie 39 Steps (CD) ~ $17.08
- John Abercrombie / John Abercrombie Quartet The First Quartet (3-CD) ~ $25.50 LABOR DAY
- John Abercrombie November (CD) ~ $16.04 LABOR DAY
- John Abercrombie / Ralph Towner Sargasso Sea (CD) ~ $9.64 LABOR DAY
- John Abercrombie Solar: The Bebop Album (CD) ~ $12.22 LABOR DAY