- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 12/94, p.1584 Stars
- Excellent - "...not as tacky as might be expected, the Quartet dissecting the basic melodies, wringing out new subtleties and using them as a springboard for some inventive soloing..."
- 1.Alice In Wonderland
- 2.Give A Little Whistle
- 3.Heigh-Ho (The Dwarfs' Marching Song)
- 4.When You Wish Upon A Star
- 5.Some Day My Prince Will Come
- 6.One Song
- 7.Very Good Advice
- 8.So This Is Love
Dave Brubeck Quartet: Dave Brubeck (piano); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Norman Bates (bass); Joe Morello (drums).
Producer: George Avakian.
Reissue producer: Nedra Olds-Neal.
Originally released on Columbia (1059). Includes liner notes by George Avakian.
Digitally remastered by Mark Wilder (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
This CD contains the original LP of the same name plus two previously unissued songs ("Very Good Advice" and "So This Is Love"). Inspired by a trip with his family to Disneyland, Dave Brubeck recorded eight songs taken from four Disney movies (Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow White and Cinderella), including such melodies as "Give a Little Whistle," "Heigh Ho," "When You Wish Upon a Star" and "Someday My Prince Will Come." The funny part is that all of these songs were already in the Brubeck Quartet's repertoire. The results are pleasing although, due to a misprint, the CD booklet only contains half of the original liner notes. ~ Scott Yanow