Carnegie Hall Concert
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Chet Baker ~ The Art of the Ballad ~ $16.51
- by Gerry Mulligan ~ Gerry Mulligan and the Concert Jazz Band at the Village Vanguard (Live) ~ $17.28
- by Gerry Mulligan / Ben Webster ~ Gerry Mulligan Meets Ben Webster ~ $9.88
- by Paul Desmond / Gerry Mulligan ~ Two of a Mind ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Gerry Mulligan ~ What Is There To Say? ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Line For Lyons
- 2.For An Unfinished Woman
- 3.My Funny Valentine
- 4.Song For Strayhorn
- 5.It's Sandy At The Beach
- 6.Bernies Tune
- 7.K-4 Pacific
- 8.There Will Never Be Another You
CARNEGIE HALL CONCERT is a compilation of material from the original CTI releases: "Carnegie Hall Concerts, Volume 1 & 2".
Personnel includes: Chet Baker (trumpet); Gerry Mulligan (saxophone); Dave Samuels (vibraphone); Bob James (keyboards); John Scofield (guitar); Ron Carter (bass); Harvey Mason (drums).
Personnel includes: Chet Baker (trumpet); Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone); Bob James (keyboards); John Scofield (guitar); Ron Carter (bass); Harvey Mason (drums).
Recorded live at Carnegie Hall, New York, November 24, 1974.
Master Sound releases are 24-karat gold CDs remastered from first-generation masters. This process utilizes 20-bit technology and Sony's "Super Bit Mapping" system.
This 1974 release finds Gerry Mulligan and Chet Baker together in a live setting. The two jazz paragons hadn't worked together in 10 years, but from the first downbeat it's evident that they still possess the musical rapport they'd developed as young men. Taking the West Coast by storm 22 years earlier with their famed pianoless quartet, Mulligan and Baker had the keen ability to work almost as one performer. This is clearly evident on "Bernie's Tune," where they trade licks on the tune's bridge in articulate, fluid gestures, almost as one player.
Despite their substance abuse, Baker and Mulligan grew as improvisers over many years performing on concert stages and in jazz clubs. This album is testament to their ability to adapt and embrace modern jazz stylings. When they hark back to their roots on compositions such as "My Funny Valentine" and "Line For Lyons," they play with a kind of casual, relaxed swing indicative of the '50s cool jazz feel they helped create.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 7,825
- UPC: 886972460628
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Jazz Instrument: Trumpet Music Categories:
- Greg Adams Midnight Morning (CD) ~ $12.05
- Nat Adderley Hummin' (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Henry Red Allen Swing Out [Fabulous] (CD) ~ $3.87 LABOR DAY
- Louis Armstrong 100 Hits Legends (5-CD) ~ $14.81 LABOR DAY
- Louis Armstrong 16 Most Requested Songs (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Joe Williams Me And The Blues / The Song Is You (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE