Duke Ellington 16 Most Requested Songs
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Billie Holiday ~ 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection ~ $4.31
- by Ella Fitzgerald / Louis Armstrong ~ The Best of Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong ~ $9.44
- by Louis Armstrong ~ The Definitive Collection ~ $7.79
- by Duke Ellington ~ Greatest Hits ~ $12.05
- by Glenn Miller ~ Greatest Hits [RCA] ~ $7.19
- Released: May 31, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Sony
- $0.99 on iTunes1.It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
- $0.99 on iTunes2.In A Sentimental Mood
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Solitude
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Caravan
- $0.99 on iTunes5.I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- 8.Sophisticated Lady
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Perdido
- $0.99 on iTunes11.In A Mellow Tone
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Mood Indigo
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Prelude To A Kiss
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Satin Doll
- $0.99 on iTunes15.I'm Beginning To See The Light
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Take The ?A' Train
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Duke Ellington (piano); Ivie Anderson, Al Hibbler, Yvonne Lanauze (vocals); Johnny Hodges (soprano & alto saxophones, clarinet); Harry Carney (alto, tenor & baritone saxophones, clarinet); Otto Hardwicke (alto & bass saxophones, clarinet); Russell Procope (alto saxophone); Barney Bigard (tenor saxophone, clarinet); Paul Gonsalves, James Hamilton (tenor saxophones); Arthur Whetsol, Cootie Williams, Clark Terry, William Anderson (trumpet); Juan Tizol, Joe Nanton, Lawrence Brown (trombone); Billy Strayhorn (piano); Fred Guy (guitar, banjo); Wellman Braud, Billy Taylor, Edgar Brown, Jimmy Woode, Oscar Pettiford (bass); Sonny Greer, Sam Woodyard (drums).
Compilation producer: Didier C. Deutsch.
Recorded between 1932 and 1957. Includes liner notes by Didier C. Deutsch.
This is part of Legacy's "16 Most Requested Songs" series.
Now, here's a gem! MOST REQUESTED SONGS could be subtitled "The Duke's Greatest Hits"--and it'd be no lie. Spanning the years 1932 through 1960, this compiles all the songs most associated with the Duke. These songs rank among the finest America has produced, each covered by dozens of singers and instrumentalists. The versions here feature performances by some of the greatest soloists jazz has ever produced--Johnny Hodges, Harry Carney and Clark Terry. Ellington wrote for the individual strengths of his bandmembers, and it shows: no one else ever got such distinctive textures out of a jazz orchestra. For the history of big band jazz, or jazz, or American music in general, this is an essential purchase.
Classic Musicals 50 Movie Pack - 12 Disc Set (12-DVD)(54)
$17.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE