Mitch Miller Greatest Hits [Columbia / Legacy]
|You Save:||$0.70 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.March From The River Kwai (From "The Bridge On The River Kwai")
- 2.The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- 3.Song For A Summer Night (From "Studio One")
- 4.Sing Along (From "Saturday Night Sing Along")
- 5.Bonnie Blue Gal (From "The Bonnie Blue Flag")
- 6.You Are My Sunshine (From "Saturday Night Sing Along")
- 7.Lisbon Antigua (In Old Lisbon)
- 8.Autumn Leaves
- 10.The Children's Marching Song (Nick Nack Paddy Whack) (From "The Inn Of The Sixth Happiness")
- 11.Tunes Of Glory (From "Tunes Of Glory")
- 12.Tzena, Tzena, Tzena
- 13.The Longest Day (Vocal Version, From "The Longest Day")
- 14.Do-Re-Mi (From "The Sound Of Music")
- 15.Be Kind To Your Web-Footed Friends
Producer: Mitch Miller.
Compilation producer: Al Quaglieri.
Recorded between 1950 and 1962. Includes liner notes by Will Friedwald.
Digitally remastered by Chris Athens (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York)
Even among aficionados of lounge and kitsch, Mitch Miller, producer of the Sing Along With Mitch series on record and TV, is second in reputation to Lawrence Welk as a purveyor of white bread '50s musical dreck. Yet Miller is one of the most innovative, resourceful producers in recording history. His long tenure as Columbia Records chief of A&R saw him use every studio technique at his disposal to create an "audio image" for each of his hit-making artists, who included Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, Frankie Laine, and Johnnie Ray, the "angst guy."
This collection doesn't include those classics, like Clooney's "Come-On-A My House" with it's crazy harpsichord or Ray's spare, penetrating "Cry." It does feature various Mitch and the Gang tracks as well as a few choice instrumentals, all of which carry considerable aural punch. It's almost as if Miller challenged himself to create hits from the homeliest material he could find, tunes like "The Children's Marching Song (Nick Nack Paddy Wack)" or "The Yellow Rose Of Texas." That he succeeded so well says something either about popular taste or the power and appeal of a well-made record.
Mitch MillerMMMMitch! / Music Until Midnight (with Percy Faith) (CD)
$7.49 on SALE
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$9.98 on SALE
MMMMitch! / Music Until Midnight (with Percy Faith) (CD)
$7.49 on SALE
Hard to Find Jukebox Classics: Fabulous Fifties... (CD)
$14.76 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
No.1 Hits of The Fifties- 50 Original Chart Toppers (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$6.98 on SALE
Primitive And Passionate / Les Baxter Balladeers (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
99¢ on SALE