The Prodigy Dirtchamber Sessions 1
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: February 22, 1999
- Label: Xl Recordings
Alternative Press - 10/00, p.120Included in AP's "10 Essential DJ-Mix Albums" - "...Dark, raw and furious..."
Muzik - 1/00, p.84Ranked #9 in Muzik's "Compilations Of The Year '99" - "...as this glorious mash of styles signifies, [Liam Howlett] knows a thing or two about pop music....The track sequencing is equally inspiring..."
- 1.Section 1: Intro Beats / Tonto's Release / Untitled / Chemical Beats / Kool Keith Housing Things / Sport / Give The Drummer Some / Wildstyle
- 2.Section 2: Bug Powder Dust / Pump Me Up / How High / Poison / Been Caught Stealing / I Get Wrecked
- 3.Section 3: The Mexican / Rock The House / Breaking Up, (The Best Part Of) / King Hut
- 4.Section 4: Hey Can You Relate / What Time Is Love / Funky Acid Makossa / Shafted Off / And The Break Goes Again / Radio Babylon / Rockit / 900 Number / Spybreak / It's The New Style
- 5.Section 5: New York / Punk To Funk / I'm Sick
- 6.Section 6: The Home Of Hip-Hop / Strong Island / Kowalski / Time To Get Ill / I'm Gonna Love You A Little More Baby / Public Enemy Number One / Blow Your Head / Breakin' Bells
- 7.Section 7: Get Down / Humpty Dance / Dope On Plastic / Beats And Pieces
- 8.Section 8: Sure Shot / Breakdance Electric Boogie / Doomsday Of Rap / Ozone Breakdown / Funky Nassau / It's Just Begun
THE DIRTCHAMBER SESSIONS VOLUME ONE is a continuous in-the-mix recording compiled and mixed by Liam Howlett.
Photographers: Alex Jenkins; Steve Gullick .
Prodigy put its name on the map by adding pop song structures and punk attitude to electronica--Underworld with a chip on its shoulder, or the Chemical Brothers with an in-house vocalist. That's why THE DIRTCHAMBER SESSIONS comes as such a surprise. Like the Chemical Brothers (who are extensively sampled here), who followed the songful DIG YOUR OWN HOLE with a DJ album, Prodigy doesn't attempt to capitalize on their previous pop breakthrough here.
Instead of hard-edged electronic pop tunes, the group focuses on the turntable and sampler. As the album's painstakingly detailed sample credits make clear, DIRTCHAMBER SESSIONS is more DJ-oriented than anything else in Prodigy's catalog. Interestingly enough, the reliance on alternative (mostly hip-hop-oriented) sound sources reduces Prodigy's notorious arrogance factor, making DIRTCHAMBER accessible even to those put off by the group's previous attitudinal excesses.
Invaders Must Die (5x7" Box/2-CDs/Poster/Stickers) (Small... (45)
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 80 ratings.
Based on 80 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE