Ray Price The Essential Ray Price
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Entertainment Weekly - 1/24/92, p.58"..a consumate balladeer [and] inventor of the "Ray Price beat"...proves the lasting influence of [Price].."
- 1.If You're Ever Lonely Darling
- 2.The Road Of No Return
- 3.Talk To Your Heart
- 4.Move On In And Stay
- 5.I'll Be There
- 6.Release Me
- 7.I Can't Go Home Like This
- 8.You Done Me Wrong
- 9.Falling Falling Falling
- 10.Wasted Words
- 11.Crazy Arms
- 12.I've Got A New Heartache
- 13.My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You
- 14.Invitation To The Blues
- 15.City Lights
- 16.Heartaches By The Number
- 17.The Same Old Me
- 18.One More Time
- 19.Heart Over Mind
The compilers at Columbia Records have put together a fantastic best-of collection with THE ESSENTIAL RAY PRICE. Taken from the first 11 years of Price's recording career, it displays the Texas singer at his finest. By the mid-1960s, Price had radically altered his approach to music, adopting a countrypolitan ballad style of singing, and leaving behind his honky-tonk roots, including his nasal Hank Williams-influenced vocal style.
However, THE ESSENTIAL RAY PRICE presents the country legend in his exciting honky-tonk years, making the music that would later be embraced so widely by the "New Traditionalists" in the '80s. Using Hank Williams's famous back-up band, the Drifting Cowboys, Price excels on "The Road of No Return," "Talk to Your Heart," and others. On these 20 tracks, the influence of Williams is evident, but there are also signs of an innovative artist beginning to bloom. Programmed in chronological order, the collection reveals the changes in Price's singing style as the disc plays out. Towards the end of the compilation, particularly on "Heart over Mind" and "Pride," Price's voice deepens, losing much of its twang, but gaining a smoky maturity.
Webb PierceThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.84 LABOR DAY
Faron YoungThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$4.48 LABOR DAY
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,167
- UPC: 886972366128
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Eddy Arnold Cattle Call [Country Stars] (CD) ~ $11.25 LABOR DAY
- Chet Atkins The Early Years 1946-1957 (5-CD Box Set) ~ $26.08
- Chet Atkins Pickin' My Way / Superpickers (CD) ~ $20.68
- Dierks Bentley Up on the Ridge (CD) ~ $11.65 LABOR DAY
- Bill Boyd's Cowboy Ramblers Lone Star Rag: 1937-1949, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $10.10 LABOR DAY