David Allan Coe The Essential David Allan Coe
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.16 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.82 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 31, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony
- $1.29 on iTunes1.The Ride
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Would You Lay With Me (In A Field Of Stone)
- $1.29 on iTunes3.You Never Even Called Me By My Name
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Willie, Waylon And Me
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Longhaired Redneck
- $1.29 on iTunes6.If That Ain't Country
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Take This Job And Shove It
- $0.99 on iTunes8.(If I Could Climb) The Walls Of The Bottle
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Jack Daniel's, If You Please
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Tennessee Whiskey
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Now I Lay Me Down To Cheat
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Don't Cry Darlin'
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Need A Little Time Off For Bad Behavior
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: David Allan Coe (vocals, guitar); Pete Bordonali, Johnny Christopher, Ray Edenton, Reggie Young , Teddy Irwin, Billy Sanford, Bobby Thompson (guitar); Terry McMillan (harmonica); Jim Condor, Shane Keister, Bobby Wood (keyboards); Henry Strzelecki (bass guitar); Don Soapes, Jeff Hale, Kenny Malone, Jerry Carrigan (drums); Dolores Edgin, Darlene Groncki, Doug Clements, Ginger Holladay, Lori Westerman Brooks, Phil Forrest, Dianne Davidson, Johnny Lee, Karen Brooks, Marie Cain, Martha Adcock, The Nashville Edition, James Ferguson, Karen Taylor , Louis Dean Nunley, Rita Remington, Lea Jane Berinati, Wendy Suits (background vocals); Eddie Adcock (guitar, background vocals); Tommy Allsup, Warren Haynes (guitar); Lloyd Green, Pete Drake (steel guitar); John Hartford, Buddy Spicher (fiddle); Charlie McCoy (harmonica); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (keyboards); Buddy Harman (drums).
Liner Note Author: Johnny Whiteside.
Recording information: Nashville, TN (07/23/1974-09/17/1986).
Photographers: Beth Gwinn; Larry Dixon; Jan Olof Fritze; Beverly Parker; John David Miller; Mark Tucker .
Though he wasn't an originator of the style, no one embraced the 1970s Outlaw Country aesthetic more wholeheartedly than David Allan Coe. He burst onto the country scene with a larger-than-life image and reputation; unconfirmed rumors abounded about him doing time for killing a man, and he came off as one of the roughest, hardest-living bad boys to ever hit Nashville. All the hype would have been for naught if Coe wasn't also an excellent songwriter and powerful performer.
THE ESSENTIAL DAVID ALLAN COE provides an excellent thumbnail sketch of Coe's career, hitting all the highlights. Coe's gift for self-mythologizing (an important skill in country music) is exemplified by his outlaw manifesto "Willie, Waylon and Me." "Take This Job and Shove It" was penned by Coe, but is best known as a huge hit for Johnny Paycheck, and it's great to hear it interpreted by its author. "If That Ain't Country" is emblematic of Coe's irresistible, in-your-face approach, and his ballad "Would You Lay With Me (In a Field of Stone)," a hit for Tanya Tucker, presents another, more sensitive side of the hell-raising songwriter. Coe is a force of nature, a musical tornado bowling over everything in its path, and this collection is the measure of his devastating impact.
Jerry Jeff WalkerThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$5.39 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Very Best of Joan Armatrading [Universal International] (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Jack Scott The Very Best of Jack Scott (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
Greatest Hits (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Clint Black One Emotion (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE