- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 19 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 2, 2007
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Legacy Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This contemporary drama dealing with changing attitudes within the church was the winner of the Peabody Award. A finely acted theatrical experience.
Father Kinsella, a young priest, is sent from Rome to investigate the activities of a group of monks living on a remote island off the coast of Ireland. Against the orders of their Father General, the monks cater to the demands of their parish by celebrating the Latin mass rather than the newly prescribed English service. As Kinsella labors to convince the Abbott to change his ways, the two men grapple with the meaning of faith, tradition and the role of the Church.
- Shot on location in Ireland by Hemisphere Productions, Ltd. in association with Sidney Glazier Productions.
- Additional cast: Godfrey Quigley (Father Matthew), and Leon Vitali (Brother Donald).
- Copyright 1973 Glazier Productions, Inc.