Asleep At The Wheel Remembers The Alamo
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$0.28 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Asleep At The Wheel ~ 23 Country Classics ~ $14.38 (Save 28%)
- by Asleep At The Wheel ~ Ride With Bob ~ $8.84
- by Asleep At The Wheel ~ Tribute To The Music of Bob Wills And The Texas Playboys ~ $12.40
- by Asleep At The Wheel / Willie Nelson ~ Willie and the Wheel ~ $14.38
- Released: November 4, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Shout Factory
Uncut - p.883 stars out of 5 - "[I]t's a crisp exercise in neo-western swing."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Asleep At The Wheel includes: Ray Benson.
Personnel: Ray Benson (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Jason Roberts (acoustic guitar, fiddle, background vocals); Haydn Vitera (electric guitar, background vocals); James Rabitoy (electric guitar); Jim "Miracle" Murphy (steel guitar, dobro); Tracy Seeger, Leigh Mahoney (violin); Stephanie Ames Asbell (viola); Sara Nelson (cello); George Sanger (trumpet, sound effects); Gary Slechta (trumpet); John Michael Whitby (piano); David Sanger (drums); Elizabeth McQueen, Alice Spencer, David Earl Miller (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Chris Burns; James Rabitoy; Larry Seyer; Ray Benson.
Liner Note Author: Ray Benson.
Recording information: Bismeaux Studio, Austin, TX.
Illustrator: Craig R. Covner.
Photographer: Amanda Custy.
Arrangers: Ray Benson; Jason Roberts .
One of the premier country-swing bands, Asleep at the Wheel continues its distinguished career with the concept album, REMEMBERS THE ALAMO. Here the Texan group performs a mix of originals and traditional Lone Star State favorites. Additionally, the band covers "Green Leaves of Summer" and "Ballad of the Alamo" from the 1960 John Wayne film, THE ALAMO.
Reverent versions of "Yellow Rose of Texas" and "New San Antonio Rose" are featured on this release, and, not surprisingly, both are heavily influenced by Texas swing legend Bob Wills. No tribute to the Alamo could ever be complete without 1950s hit, "Ballad of Davy Crockett." Here, singer Ray Benson and company recount the fascinating chronicles of this legendary frontiersman and statesman. Rounding out the album is Benson's own tune, "Don't Go There," a sidesplitting song about rocker Ozzy Osbourne violating the sanctity of the Alamo. Backed by the Tosca String Quartet on two selections, the seven-piece ensemble invokes all the traditional flavors of Texas and captures the enduring legacy of this legendary American landmark.
Tribute To The Music of Bob Wills And The Texas Playboys (CD)(20)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Definitive Greatest Hits: Til the Last Shot's Fired... (CD)
$17.73 Super Savings
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE