Kris Kristofferson Live At The Philharmonic
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Late John Garfield Blues
- 2.Jesus Was A Capricorn (Owed To John Prine)
- 3.Nobody Wins
- 4.Jesse Younger
- 5.Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)
- 6.Late Again (Gettin' Over You)
- 7.Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight
- 8.Sugar Man
- 9.Billy Dee
- 10.The Law Is For The Protection Of The People
- 11.For The Good Times
- 12.Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down
- 13.Okie From Muskogee
- 14.Border Lord
- 15.Funny How Time Slips Away
- 16.Me And Paul
- 17.Mountain Dew
- 18.The Pilgrim - Chapter 33
- 19.Rainbow Road
- 20.It Sure Was (Love)
- 21.Help Me
- 22.Me And Bobby McGee
- 23.Whiskey, Whiskey
Personnel: Kris Kristofferson (vocals, guitar); Stephen Bruton (guitar); Mike Utley (organ); Donnie Frits (keyboards); Terry Paul (bass); Sammy Creason (drums).
Previously unreleased 1972 live recording from Philharmonic Hall in New York City. Includes liner notes by Nick Shaffran.
In recent years, Kris Kristofferson has become so familiar a presence on movie and television screens that it's easy to forget he was once "the next big thing" in country music. During the early '70s, though, Kristofferson was Nashville's hottest songwriter; he had a seemingly bottomless supply of hits and was at the epicenter of the emerging outlaw country movement. His stock was so high that late in 1972 Kristofferson was invited to perform at New York's Philharmonic Hall. The concert was recorded, but Kristofferson already had two new studio albums ready for release in 1973, so the live album was laid aside. LIVE AT THE PHILHARMONIC, which finally surfaced in 1992, was worth the wait.
In a way, it's fortunate that this album arrived so late in the game. Had this record come out in 1973, it would merely have served to put another feather in Kristofferson's already well-plumed cap. By 1992, however, Kristofferson's remarkable prime was long forgotten. LIVE serves as a welcome reminder of just what a powerful songwriter Kristofferson was in his prime. The album harbors other unexpected treats: guest performances by Willie Nelson and Rita Coolidge and a clever parody of "Okie From Muskogee."
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Special Ed.) (2-DVD)
$8.98 on SALE
Janis: Little Girl Blue (Special Director's Ed.) (DVD-R)
$18.71 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 54,130
- UPC: 886972394626
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Johnny Cash Greatest Hits (CD) ~
$8.67 Super Savings
- Earl Thomas Conley Live at Billy Bob's Texas (CD) ~ $14.39
- Elvis Costello Almost Blue (Limited) (CD) ~ $9.89
- The Country Gentlemen Country Songs Old & New (CD) ~ $15.28
- J.D. Crowe & The New South Live in Japan (CD) ~ $15.28