James Dean Tribute To James Dean (Selections from "East of Eden," "Rebel Without A Cause" and "Giant")
- Released: June 17, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Sony Mod - Afw Line
- 1.East Of Eden: Main Title
- 2.East Of Eden: Cal And Sam
- 3.East Of Eden: Cal And His Father
- 4.East Of Eden: My Mother?
- 5.East Of Eden: Cal And Aaron Meet Their Mother / End Title
- 6.Rebel Without A Cause: Main Title
- 7.Rebel Without A Cause: The Gang / Chicken Run
- 8.Rebel Without A Cause: Planetarium
- 9.Rebel Without A Cause: Plato's Death / End Title
- 10.Giant: Theme From Giant
- 11.Giant: There's Never Been Anyone Else But You
- 12.Mitch Miller OrchestraThe Yellow Rose Of Texas
- 13.Main Theme (From "East Of Eden")
- 14.Main Theme (From "Rebel Without A Cause")
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
A TRIBUTE TO JAMES DEAN contains track recordings from EAST OF EDEN, REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE, and GIANT.
Original score composed by Leonard Rosenman and Dimitri Tiomkin.
Performed by The Warner Bros. Studio Orchestra. Conducted by Ray Heindorf.
Reissue producers: Didier C. Deutsch, Darcy M. Proper.
Includes liner notes by Henry Cabot Beck.
Liner Note Author: Henry Cabot Beck.
Recording information: 07/11/1955-08/22/1956.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Julie Harris; James L. Dean ; Raymond Massey.
Issued in 1956 shortly after James Dean's death, this presents excerpts from the soundtracks of the three films to star the iconic actor: East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, and Giant, performed by Ray Heindorf and the Warner Brothers Orchestra. The East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause scores were composed by Dean's friend Leonard Rosenman, while Giant's score was penned by Dimitri Tiomkin. It's doubtful that the disc will hold much of compelling interest for listeners who aren't Dean devotees (who might be able to bring to mind specific scenes from the films associated with the included excerpts). East of Eden's portions are grand, string-heavy and dramatic, and soaked with a somber, humorless quality. The parts of Rebel Without a Cause heard here are similar, but daredevil cool jazz pokes into the proceedings as an influence on "The Gang/Chicken Run." The two excerpts from Giant are far chirpier, though in a corny fashion, with "Theme From Giant" boasting the clip-clop rhythms, whistling, and strident choral vocals found in many soundtracks to American westerns. ~ Richie Unterberger
James Dean Collection (East of Eden / Rebel Without a Cause... (DVD)
$7.30 Super Savings
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)
$12.87 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings