Tony Bennett Steppin' Out
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Rolling Stone - 12/23/93, p.151"...Tony Bennett's STEPPIN' OUT finds him reviving Gershwin, Cole Porter, Jerome Kern and Irving Berlin songs that Fred Astaire introduced...Bennett [is] as much a treasure as any of these jewels...."
Spin - 12/93, p.122Highly Recommended - "...[STEPPIN' OUT] is a wonderful album. Bennett's voice regenerates standards [into] something entirely new and fresh...Bennett penetrates to the soul..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/8/93, p.50"...[Tony Bennett] may never make another album more exquisitely matched to his personal traits [than] STEPPIN' OUT..." - Rating: A-
- 1.Steppin' Out With My Baby
- 2.Who Cares?
- 3.Top Hat, White Tie And Tails
- 4.They Can't Take That Away From Me
- 5.Dancing In The Dark
- 6.Shine On Your Shoes
- 7.He Loves And She Loves
- 8.They All Laughed
- 9.I Concentrate On You
- 10.You're All The World To Me
- 11.All Of You
- 12.Nice Work If You Can Get It
- 13.It Only Happens When I Dance With You
- 14.Shall We Dance
- 15.You're Easy To Dance With / Change Partners / Cheek To Cheek
- 16.I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan
- 17.That's Entertainment
- 18.By Myself
Personnel: Tony Bennett (vocals); Ralph Sharon (piano); Doug Richeson (bass); Clayton Cameron (drums).
Recorded at Clinton Recording Studio, New York, New York. Includes liner notes by Tony Bennett.
STEPPIN' OUT contains songs written for Broadway by popular American composers in the 1930s and 1940s and includes works by George and Ira Gershwin and Cole Porter.
STEPPIN' OUT won the 1994 Grammy Award for "Traditional Pop Vocalist."
This highly successful 1993 tribute to Fred Astaire--the video for the title tune established Bennett as a MTV artist for a spell--was the inevitable followup to the previous year's Frank Sinatra tribute PERFECTLY FRANK. In both cases, the pretext of a tribute allowed Bennett to take his pick of demonstrably superior songs and record them accompanied only by the great Ralph Sharon Trio. The result is as close as many of us will get to hearing Bennett and company at a small club on a great night.
The Astaire set is a more light-hearted affair than the Sinatra. However, Bennett's commitment to songs such as "They Can't Take That Away From Me" and "Dancing In The Dark" is unquestioned. He performs them with as much verve, wisdom and sheer joy in singing as an entertainer with 40-plus years experience can muster. His voice might be a little rough in spots, but no matter, since that makes his right-on-target climaxes all the more exhilirating. There are few (if any) examples of a singer sounding this good as he ages.
Tony BennettPerfectly Frank: The Torch and Saloon Songs of Sinatra View Details
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 6 (CD)
$10.38 CYBER SALE
Perfectly Frank: The Torch and Saloon Songs of Sinatra (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 52,361
- UPC: 886972372921
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac The Best of Pt. 1: Thug [Clean] (CD) ~ $6.44 CYBER SALE