Barbra Streisand Yentl
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 8, 1983
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Sony
- 1.Where Is It Written?
- 2.Papa, Can You Hear Me?
- 3.This Is One Of Those Moments
- 4.No Wonder
- 5.The Way He Makes Me Feel
- 6.No Wonder (Part Two)
- 7.Tomorrow Night
- 8.Will Someone Ever Look At Me That Way?
- 9.No Matter What Happens
- 10.No Wonder (Reprise)
- 11.A Piece Of Sky
- 12.The Way He Makes Me Feel (Studio Version)
- 13.No Matter What Happens (Studio Version)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composed by Barbra Streisand.
Audio Remixers: Don Hahn; Jim Boyer ; Tommy Vicari.
Recording information: A & M Recordin; Lion Share Recording Studios; Olympic Studios, London, England; Village Recorders, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographer: David James .
Arrangers: Dave Grusin; Michel Legrand.
Billed as both a Barbra Streisand album and as an original motion picture soundtrack, Yentl contains the songs, sung by Streisand and written by Michel Legrand and Alan and Marilyn Bergman, that the character played by Streisand sings as internal monologues in the film, sometimes with spoken dialogue interspersed. (The album is filled out by "studio versions" of two of the songs, "The Way He Makes Me Feel" and "No Matter What Happens," played on contemporary electronic instruments, rather than in the orchestral settings used for the rest of the songs.) With such a thematic base, the music has an unusual consistency, and written specifically for Streisand, it makes use of her emotional expressiveness, phrasing, and timing as a singer. But it was also written as a complement to the film and on its own comes across as a group of isolated musical plot highlights rather than as a coherent song cycle. (Yentl won an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score.) ~ William Ruhlmann
The Barbra Streisand - Funny Girl / Funny Lady DVD Box Set...
$7.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 50 ratings.
Based on 50 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE