Live At Montreux 1982 & 1985 (4-CD)
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$4 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Blues At Sunrise ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Stevie Ray Vaughan / Double Trouble ~ In Step ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ In the Beginning (Live) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ The Real Deal: Greatest Hits, Volume 2 ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Live At Montreux 1982 & 1985 ~ $11.70
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: September 14, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony
Q - 3/02, p.1404 stars out of 5 - "When SRV first played Montreaux he so shocked the blues-purist Europeans in attendance they can be heard audibly booing what is actually an ace set...3 years later Vaughn was back, the crowd knew his tunes and the whole place rocked..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 3/02, p.119"...Dextrous and passionate..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Hide Away
- 2.Rude Mood
- 3.Pride and Joy
- 4.Texas Flood
- 5.Love Struck Baby
- 6.Dirty Pool
- 7.Give Me Back My Wig
- 8.Collins Shuffle
- 9.Couldn't Stand The Weather [DVD]
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Scuttle Buttin'
- 2.Ain't Gone n' Give Up On Love
- 3.Pride and Joy
- 4.Mary Had a Little Lamb
- 5.Johnny Copeland, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double TroubleTin Pan Alley (aka Roughest Place in Town)
- 6.Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
- 7.Texas Flood
- 8.Life Without You
- 9.Gone Home
- 10.Couldn't Stand the Weather
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Hide Away (Multimedia Track)
- 2.Rude Mood (Multimedia Track)
- 3.Pride and Joy (Multimedia Track)
- 4.Texas Flood (Multimedia Track)
- 5.Love Struck Baby (Multimedia Track)
- 6.Dirty Pool (Multimedia Track)
- 7.Give Me Back My Wig (Multimedia Track)
- 8.Collins Shuffle (Multimedia Track)
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.Scuttle Buttin' (Multimedia Track)
- 2.Say What! (Multimedia Track)
- 3.Ain't Gone 'n' Give Up On Love (Multimedia Track)
- 4.Pride and Joy (Multimedia Track)
- 5.Mary Had a Little Lamb (Multimedia Track)
- 6.Johnny Copeland, , Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double TroubleCold Shot (Multimedia Track)
- 7.Tin Pan Alley (aka Roughest Place in Town) (Multimedia Track)
- 8.Johnny Copeland, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double TroubleLook at Little Sister (Multimedia Track)
- 9.Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Multimedia Track)
- 10.Texas Flood (Multimedia Track)
- 11.Life Without You (Multimedia Track)
- 12.Gone Home (Multimedia Track)
- 13.Couldn't Stand the Weather (Multimedia Track)
& Double Trouble.
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble: Stevie Ray Vaughan (vocals, guitar); Reese Wynans (organ); Tommy Shannon (bass); Chris Layton (drums).
Additional personnel: Johnny Copeland (vocals, guitar).
Recorded live at Montreaux International Jazz Festival, Montreaux, Switzerland on July 17, 1982 & July 15, 1985. Includes liner notes by David Bowie, Chris Layton, Tommy Shannon, Darryl Pitt.
Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
Stevie Ray Vaughan: Johnny Copeland, Stevie Ray Vaughan (vocals, guitar); Reese Wynans (organ); Tommy Shannon (bass guitar); Chris Layton (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Tommy Shannon; Chris Layton; Darryl Pitt; David Bowie.
Stevie Ray Vaughan's frenetic Montreux performance is captured here on the guitarist's earliest available live album to feature Double Trouble. Liner note contributor David Bowie was in attendance at the 1982 show, and asked Vaughan that night to be his guitarist for the LET'S DANCE album and tour. Already an established artist on the Southern blues circuit, Vaughan was initially booed at this '82 appearance as part of a bill featuring "acoustic blues artists." He fittingly opens with Freddie King's "Hide Away" and then plays like a man possessed on "Rude Mood" and "Pride And Joy" (both soon to be released on 1984's COULDN'T STAND THE WEATHER).
Vaughan absolutely sears the listener on "Love Struck Baby," and then slows the pace on the equally blistering "Dirty Pool." This set demonstrates that Vaughan not only wrote great blues songs, but brought them to another level in a live setting. Three years later, Vaughan and Double Trouble again deliver the goods in Switzerland, jamming the power blues on "Scuttle Buttin'" and "Say What!" The band is alternately slow-burning cool on Buddy Guy's "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and gorgeously emotive one "Life without You," one of 11 previously unreleased songs on MONTREUX.
The Best of Bobby Bland - 20th Century Masters / Millennium... (CD)(7)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE