Black Sabbath Greatest Hits, 1970-1978
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.64 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$9.34 (47% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Rhino
- 1.Black Sabbath
- 4.War Pigs
- 6.Iron Man
- 7.Sweet Leaf
- 8.Children of the Grave
- 12.Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
- 13.Hole in the Sky
- 14.Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
- 15.Never Say Die
- 16.Dirty Women
Black Sabbath: Geezer Butler (bass guitar); Bill Ward (drums, percussion); Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi.
Personnel: Ozzy Osbourne (vocals, harmonica); Tony Iommi (guitar); Gerald Woodruffe (keyboards); Billy Ward (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Tony Iommi; Robin Black .
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Don Kaye.
Recording information: Criteria Studios, Miami, FL; Island Studios, London, England; Morgan Studios, London & Brussels; Regent Sound, London, England; Sound Interchange, Toronto, Canada; The Records Plant, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographers: Robert Ellis ; Richard Upper; Ross Halfin; Bob Gruen; Fin Costello; Barry Plummer.
Arranger: Gerald Woodruffe.
Black Sabbath's 1975 greatest-hits album, WE SOLD OUR SOULS FOR ROCK & ROLL, may very well be the best single-volume compilation ever released that focuses on a band in its prime . It would seem nearly impossible to top, but Rhino's GREATEST HITS 1970-78 may have done just that. The uninspired title aside, GREATEST HITS is an essential document if for no other reason than, unlike SOLD OUR SOULS, it encompasses the band's entire run with the Ozzman at the helm, featuring songs from 1976's TECHNICAL ECSTASY and '78's NEVER SAY DIE.
While "Dirty Women," Rock 'n' Roll Doctor," and "Never Say Die" can't compete with earlier Sabbath classics (including axed S.O.S. cuts "Fairies Wear Boots" and "Tomorrow's Dream") they're solid tracks that help to create a complete picture of the band up to Ozzy's departure in 1979. In addition to the aforementioned songs, GREATEST HITS also adds VOL. 4's blistering "Supernaut," an undisputed metal masterpiece. While SOLD OUR SOULS will always be the heavyweight champ of hits collections, GREATEST HITS 1970-78 is a can't-miss set for fans of Ozzy-era Sabbath.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)(16)
$12.29 Super Savings
The Very Best of England Dan & John Ford Coley (CD)
$12.49 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Heavy Metal genre:
- Lita Ford / Pseudo Echo Kiss Me Deadly / Funkytown (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Cinderella Nobody's Fool / Shelter Me (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Motörhead Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Biohazard State of The World Address (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Slaughter Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE