- Released: January 26, 2010
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Walt Disney Records
- 1.Glenn Close, Phil CollinsYou'll Be in My Heart
- 2.Donny OsmondI'll Make a Man Out of You
- 3.Roger BartGo the Distance
- 4.Tony Jay, Paul Kandel, David Ogden StiersBells of the Notre Dame ("The Hunchback of Notre Dame" 1996)
- 5.Judy KuhnColors of the Wind
- 6.Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella, Jason Weaver,Hakuna Matada
- 7.Angela Lansbury, Jerry OrbachBe Our Guest
- 8.Samuel E. WrightUnder the Sea
- 9.Disney Studio ChorusWinnie-the-Pooh
- 10.Phil Harris, Bruce ReithermanBare Necessities
- 11.Dick Van DykeChim Chim Cher-Ee
- 12.Mouse Chorus, Ilene WoodsDream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
- 13.Mickey Mouse March
- 14.Fess ParkerBallad of Davy Crockett
- 15.Disneyland ChorusIt's a Small World
- 16.Peggy LeeHe's a Tramp
- 17.Jud ConlonSecond Star to the Right
- 18.Little April Shower
- 19.Dick Jones, Dickie JonesI've Got No Strings
- 20.Adriana CaselottiSomeday My Prince Will Come (From Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
Includes liner notes by Leonard Maltin.
This is part of Walt Disney Records "DISNEY'S GREATEST" series.
Adapter: Stephen Schwartz.
Personnel: David Ogden Stiers, Dick Van Dyke, Disney Studio Chorus, Donny Osmond, Dick Jones , Ernie Sabella, Fess Parker, Glenn Close , Jason Weaver, Jerry Orbach, Adriana Caselotti, Joseph Williams, Judy Kuhn, Julie Andrews, Karen Dotrice, Matthew Garber, Nathan Lane, Peggy Lee , Angela Lansbury, Phil Collins, Phil Harris , Robert Kraft, Roger Bart, Samuel E. Wright, The Disneyland Chorus, Tony Jay, Paul Kandel, Ilene Woods, Mouse Chorus, Bruce Reitherman (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Leonard Maltin.
Arrangers: Jay Rifkin; Mark Mancina.
Whether you're a baby boomer who grew up watching such classic Disney films as MARY POPPINS and THE JUNGLE BOOK, or a parent whose kids have developed an unnatural attachment to the likes of MULAN or THE LITTLE MERMAID, you'll find something to enjoy in DISNEY'S GREATEST VOL 2. This compilation of well-known songs from Disney films stretches all the way from 1937 (SNOW WHITE's "Someday My Prince Will Come") right up to the present.
On one hand, this disc offers an interesting thumbnail sketch of how movie soundtracks (and pop music) have changed throughout the 20th century. On the other hand, it's simply a solid collection of familiar tunes, from the haunting, Dick Van Dyke-sung "Chim Chim Cher-ee" to the Phil Collins pop ballad "You'll Be in My Heart" (from 1999's TARZAN).