Sting Fields of Gold: The Best of Sting 1984-1994
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 8, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: A&M
Entertainment Weekly - 11/11/94, p.76"...Addicted to lounge-jazz tapestries and proverbs pretending to be profound....but he's melodic enough that his pretension barely gets in the way....His best solo hits could almost pass for the Police..." - Rating: B
Q - 12/94, p.1724 Stars - Excellent - "...[it's] strength lies in the esoteric moments when, unusually for a middle-aged former chart-topper, Sting shows no fear of experimentation...from Andean pipes, through flamenco guitar and...funk to the...reggae where it all began..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.When We Dance
- $1.29 on iTunes2.If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Fields Of Gold
- $1.29 on iTunes4.All This Time
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Fortress Around Your Heart
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Be Still My Beating Heart
- $1.29 on iTunes7.They Dance Alone
- $1.29 on iTunes8.If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Fragile
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Why Should I Cry For You?
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Englishman In New York
- $1.29 on iTunes12.We'll Be Together
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Russians
- $0.99 on iTunes14.This Cowboy Song
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Sting (vocals, guitar, bass), Stoker (programming).
Producers: Hugh Padgham, Sting (tracks 1, 3-4, 8, 10, 14), Pete Smith, Sting (tracks 2, 5, 13), Neil Dorfsman, Sting (tracks 6-7, 9, 11-12).
Digitally remastered by Bob Ludwig and Mark Mazzetti (Gateway Mastering Studios).
All songs written by Sting.
"When We Dance" was nominated for a 1996 Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.
Emerging from new wave on the wings of hits like "Roxanne" and "Don't Stand So Close To Me," the Police perfected an appealing synthesis of reggae, pop and freewheeling instrumental flourishes rooted in the power trio conventions of earlier electric blues bands.
Yet for all the elemental tension Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland brought to each arrangement, Sting's keening tenor and canny ear for melodic hooks propelled the band's popularity. As his writing skills matured through SYNCHRONICITY, Sting's need for artistic control--and a tighter rhythmic focus--necessitated a band in which he was the unquestioned leader.
FIELDS OF GOLD chronicles the work of a classic pop vocalist who is simply unwilling to rest on his laurels--a wide ranging collection of brainy power pop, with two new songs ("When We Dance" and "This Cowboy") acting as stylistic bookends. Saxophonist Branford Marsalis and bassist Daryl Jones add key elements of jazz and soul to such confessional hits as "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free" and "Fortress Around Your Heart," while Sting's infatuation with Brazilian music animates the tender "Fragile." As his metaphysical and political muse evolved, Sting's orchestrations grew more ambitious, from the reggaeish strings of "Englishman In New York," through the lush, keyboard-inflected R&B of "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You" and the edgy funk of "We'll Be Together." FIELDS OF GOLD is a remarkably classy, consistent set of tunes.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (Unrated Director's Cut... (DVD)(319)
$10.77 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 84 ratings.
Based on 84 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Count Basie First Time! The Count Meets The Duke / Count Basie Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Count Basie Blues By Basie / Dance Parade (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE