Def Leppard Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 17, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Island / Mercury
Rolling Stone - No. 975, p.784.5 stars out of 5 - "[Def] Lep [cranked] up enough hits to fill this sucker out... "
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Pour Some Sugar On Me
- 3.Love Bites
- 4.Let's Get Rocked
- 5.Two Steps Behind
- 7.Heaven Is
- 10.When Love And Hate Collide
- 11.Armageddon It
- 12.Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
- 13.Rock Of Ages
- 15.Miss You In A Heartbeat
- 16.Bringin' On The Heartbreak
- 17.Switch 625
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Rock Rock (Till You Drop)
- 2.Let It Go
- 3.High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)
- 4.Too Late For Love
- 5.No Matter What
- 7.Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
- 9.Another Hit And Run
- 11.Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion)
- 12.Rock Brigade
- 14.Paper Sun
- 15.Work It Out
- 16.Die Hard The Hunter
- 18.Billy's Got A Gun
Def Leppard: Joe Elliot (vocals); Pete Willis, Phil Collen, Steve Clark , Vivian Campbell (guitar); Rick Savage (bass guitar); Rick Allen (drums).
Audio Mixers: Robert John "Mutt" Lange; Mike Shipley; Pete Woodroffe; Ronan McHugh; Marti Frederiksen.
Liner Note Author: Dave Ling.
Recording information: Joe's Garage, Dublin, Ireland.
Photographers: Ross Halfin; Jim Quaranta.
In the mid-1980s, there were few hard-rock bands as popular as Sheffield, England's Def Leppard. Influenced by the glam rock of Queen, Slade, and the Sweet, the quartet reveled in the style's high-energy elements, while trading the outlandish imagery for a no-frills, denim-clad look that made them even more accessible to the masses. With 1983's PYROMANIA and its delayed follow-up punch, 1987's HYSTERIA, Def Leppard became an international phenomenon, unleashing hit after hit, including the riff-heavy, shout-along singles "Rock of Ages," "Pour Some Sugar on Me," and "Armageddon It."
This collection presents every song on the previously released VAULT: GREATEST HITS 1980-1995, along with an entire second disc of additional album tracks, including the AC/DC-like "High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)" and HYSTERIA's anthemic ode to "Women." Throughout the decades, the group endured its share of upheavals and tragedies--drummer Rick Allen lost an arm in a 1985 accident and guitarist Steve Clark died in 1991--but they continued recording into the 21st century (see the 2002 track "Now"), revealing a determination that most of their peers lacked. For fans of '80s hard rock, this 35-track compilation is essential.
AerosmithDevil's Got a New Disguise: The Very Best of Aerosmith
$5.97 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 136 ratings.
Based on 136 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE