- Released: January 23, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Hip-O Records
- 1.Angel (Album Version)
- 2.Hello Beloved (Album Version Edit)
- 3.My First Love (Single Version)
- 4.Your Smile (Single Version)
- 5.Treat U Rite (Album Version)
- 6.I'll Be Good (Single Version)
- 7.Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) (Radio Mix)
- 8.You Don't Have To Cry (Single Version)
- 9.Floatin' On Your Love (Soul Inside Radio Edit)
- 10.I Love You More (Single Version)
- 11.Run To Me (Album Version)
- 12.It's The Real Thing (Album Version)
- 13.C'est Toi (It's You) (Single Version)
- 14.No More Tears (Album Version)
- 15.Save Your Love (For #1)
- 16.Lay Your Troubles Down
- 17.Please Bring Your Love Back (Album Version)
Producers include: Angela L. Winbush, Bobby Watson, Bruce Swedien, Rene Moore, Chuckii Booker.
Compilation producer: Pat Lawrence.
Recorded between 1981 and 1996. Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
Digitally remastered by Gavin Lurssen (The Mastering Lab, Hollywood, California).
Audio Remixers: Angela Winbush; Ren? Moore; Bruce Swedien.
Photographer: Harry Langdon.
Arranger: Angela Winbush.
While the title of The Ultimate Collection may be overstating the matters somewhat, this 17-track compilation does come very close to fulfilling the title's promise. This compilation concentrates on Angela Winbush's late-'80s recordings for Mercury, dipping into the early '80s and early '90s on occasion, so some may complain that it's too focused on a particular era, yet that helps the collection, since that's when Winbush was at her best. Relying on single versions, radio mixes, and edits (though there are several album versions here, as well), this gives a good portrait of what Winbush was all about -- smooth urban soul, graced with exceptional vocals. Her material may not always be first-rate, but her performances are usually impassioned, and this collection makes an excellent case for her talents. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine